• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by cfreidsma

1. C

Compaq Portable III and Gotek Floppy Emulator

I posted a while back on Reddit about getting a Gotek in a Compaq Portable III. I now have the drive programmed with Flash Floppy, in the Compaq, and a USB ready to go. However, the computer is giving me new troubles. I'm trying to get DOS installed right now. I am trying the DOS 5 images for...
  2. C

Capacitors and Macs

Hi, I changed the capacitors and batteries in my older Mac computers awhile back. I am just wanting to confirm that I didn't miss anything though. In a computer such as the Mac Classic and Mac Classic II, the only thing to recap would be the logic board right? Was I supposed to do anything to...
  3. C

Trying to open the Toshiba T2115cs/350 to recap

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite T2115cs/350 model PA1208u V that I am wanting to change the capacitors before anything leaks or goes wrong. Figured I would post and see if anyone knows how to open this laptop before I mess with it too much. If anyone happens to know the capacitors needed that...
  4. C

Commodore 64 Blue Chip Drive and Monitor Capacitors

Hi, I am trying to figure out what capacitors I need to do my Commodore 64 and drives. I have a Blue Chip brand 5.25 drive with my Commodore 64. it is a BCD/5.25 with a serial of 026060 and FCC of E2550FBCD/5.25. I opened it up and saw two boards with capacitors on them. Some were clearly...
  5. C

Toshiba Satellite T2115CS looking for drivers and mice

Hi everyone :), I recently obtained one of these little laptops. It is working great, but I cannot find any drivers for it regardless of operating system. I also cannot get a mouse to work with it. It only has a spot for a keyboard, and my 9-pin mouse doesn't seem to be working with it either...
  6. C

Informer Portable Workstation 213 374 208B

Hi everyone, I just received an Informer 213 from eBay. Link below...
Back