• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Dagwood

1. D

GRiDCase 1500-Series Storage Backplanes, Drive upgrades, BIOS mods, Pinouts, etc.

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear it.
  2. D

Sony CXQ70108D-8 (V20) CPU at 12MHz?

3+ Years Later.... CPU tested good. No power rail shorts. U7 (74S175) was the hottest thing on the board at 150F so I replaced it and found a bunch of sand like debris under it. Now the board works. I think that sand is probably under all the chips because I found it under the socketed...
  3. D

Any1 with GRiDCASE 1520 or 1530 with floppy/hard drive backplane, take pictures of the backplane?

I posted the schematic on this page but you might want to see my comments about it in post #2 of this thread.
  4. D

GRiDCase 1500-Series Storage Backplanes, Drive upgrades, BIOS mods, Pinouts, etc.

I posted my homemade schematic of the GridCase Type 90h storage backplane (IDE + FDD) on the backplanes page. This was created by unsoldering all IC's from the board then mapping it all out with a multimeter. I then used this schematic to create a functional homemade backplane so there is at...
  5. D

Any1 with GRiDCASE 1520 or 1530 with floppy/hard drive backplane, take pictures of the backplane?

I found some more notes and schematics I drew up. I realize I've forgotten much of this stuff but I'm pretty good about keeping records... so I'll try to make it all accessible. For now though... The 244 and 273 are for backplane identification. If it has a GAL it's for decoding (such as for...
  6. D

[gridcase] Anyone made a pin-out sheet for the External Peripheral, and/or the P2A/P2B bus connectors behind the battery?

I'm not sure if this is any help or not but attached is a photo of an external 10MB hard drive that clamps to the top of my GRiDCase Plus and interfaces to the 50-pin connector. Inside is a PCB with an IDC header that appears to be an 8-bit ISA slot. There is an ISA card (Controller for the...
  7. D

There seems to be an increased interest in the Grid stuff lately so I'm making an effort to post some of my findings. I don't know if this info is out there already but yesterday I typed up the pinouts for the 1500 series mainboard backplane connectors. The expansion bay pinouts are there too...
  8. D

I reversed this board a year or two ago and made my own that plugs in to my GRiDCase 1520 and performs the same functions as the original backplane but also gives an ISA slot. It was a proof of concepts so the computer couldn't be reassembled with an ISA card sticking up vertical but I've been...
  9. D

Some GRiD 1500 series technical docs

I got these from C. Singleton a year or two ago and just noticed raw copies are floating around here. Optimized, OCR'd, and indexed versions are posted on my site if anyone wants. I have tons of other stuff I still need to process and a bunch more to scan for various GRiD models...
  10. D

Any1 have a copy of GRID386?

Check your email, I replied the other day.
  11. D

Any1 have a copy of GRID386?

I have GRiD 386MAX if that's what you want.
  12. D

RomBuilder Pro for GRiD

I've written a program 'RomBuilder Pro for GRiD' which has a modern interface and does a bunch of fancy junk. I think I'm in the final testing phase but haven't owned a Compass model in over two decades so I can't confirm results for that series. If anyone is willing to burn and test Compass...
  13. D

VGA card with decent palette grayscaling for Gas-Plasma panel?

I did a little more poking on this. Interestingly enough the VGA feature connector on this card has a jumper wire soldered to pin Z13, which should be unused/key so perhaps this is a slightly purposefully modified card. Unfortunately it disappears to an inner layer of the board so I haven't...
  14. D

VGA card with decent palette grayscaling for Gas-Plasma panel?

I have a gas-plasma panel being driven off the VESA feature connector of an Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 (1mb ISA card). The panel itself is capable of 16 shades but I am unhappy with the palette grayscaling when in display modes greater than 16 colors. It just goes psychedelic. For example, when I...
Back