• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by dankcomputing

1. dankcomputing

California WTB: QFP 68030-25

I'm after an SMT 68030. Must be at least 25 mhz, can still be attached to a junk board. I already have through-hole 030s of varying speeds, this is needed to resurrect a system. The situation with fakes on eBay and UTSource for these chips is catastrophic. It is now impossible to source one...
  2. dankcomputing

Tandy 1000 RL floppy drive replacement

You just need a matching button, but nobody's come forward with a suitable 3d-printable button. If your replacement drive is the same brand the button should transfer over.
  3. dankcomputing

Dropping off C= hardware to Ray Carlsen

He's got a PVM so you know he's legit.
  4. dankcomputing

Wolfenstein 3D CGA edition

I got it going on my Tandy 1000TL/2. Phenomenal port. Let’s see Plantronics support next!
  5. dankcomputing

Schematics for Dyna Comp model DCF 353 power supply (Apple LC III/Performa 460)

Also keep in mind after you've recapped them that these PSUs will normally tick/crowbar without a dummy load.
  6. dankcomputing

Anyone know about California's e-waste laws?

Since the deaths of Weird Stuff and Excess Solutions/HSC, the place the personal computer originated from, the literal Silicon Valley itself, has been without any real electronics junk store of any kind. You can get a small selection of new/NOS components at Santa Cruz Electronics, Anchor...
  7. dankcomputing

Bay Area Electronics Flea Market returns for 2023

From the website:
  8. dankcomputing

Replacement floppy drive for C128DCR/1571

SFD1001 is an 80-track non-high-density (sometimes called "quad density") drive, so at the very least the stepper motor is totally different from your garden variety 1541.
  9. dankcomputing

TI/99 4a clone

I would say leave the cart slot in and integrate as many of the peripherals that the average user would plug in anyway as will fit- the 32k ram expansion, the floppy controller, the serial port, maybe even the speech unit. I've never seen a PEB with any more than those cards in it and a PEB is...
  10. dankcomputing

Replacement floppy drive for C128DCR/1571

What do you use to fill in the holes in the plastic?
  11. dankcomputing

TI/99 4a clone

If this could somehow drop into an original TI-99 case it'd be pretty exciting. The 32K sidecar is atrociously huge and it'd be wonderful to be able to get rid of it.
  12. dankcomputing

DTC-3153 SCSI card

That worked! I had to browse to the DOS directory and run INSTALL from there, then choose a custom installation because it defaults to installing the Windows 3.1 drivers. It looks like a whole bunch of different manufacturers have reused this card design, so it's been sold under different names...
  13. dankcomputing

Tandy 1000 Parallel Ports, Part II

I opened up my TL/2 and added the pins to the jumpers that didn't have them soldered. I jumpered E1-E2 but noticed that there were also E3-E4 (which are already jumpered via a trace), E11-E10, and the single point E5. They aren't documented anywhere and there's no TL/2-specific schematics out...
  14. dankcomputing

DTC-3153 SCSI card

I can't remember where I found this card, but it appears to be fairly late for an 8-bit ISA SCSI card. No boot ROM, which is fine, but there's no config jumpers either. Is the 2 PALs worth of glue logic even enough to implement Plug & Play? Maybe the controller chip itself has it. Or it's fixed...
  15. dankcomputing

IntroJR demo modified to work properly on Tandy 1000s

Link appears to be broken. Maybe someone could add it to the Pouet page?
Back