• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DTC-3153 SCSI card

dankcomputing

I can't remember where I found this card, but it appears to be fairly late for an 8-bit ISA SCSI card. No boot ROM, which is fine, but there's no config jumpers either. Is the 2 PALs worth of glue logic even enough to implement Plug & Play? Maybe the controller chip itself has it. Or it's fixed to some IRQ/DMA/base address.

Difficult to find this all out because this card almost doesn't exist according to the internet. No drivers to be found and there isn't even a Total Hardware '99 entry. I'm hoping to get it working on my Tandy 1000TL/2. Has anyone ever seen this card before? Are any drivers available?

Attachments

• dtc-3153 front.JPG
    dtc-3153 front.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • dtc-3153 back.JPG
    dtc-3153 back.JPG
    997.8 KB · Views: 12
Note the '3151' in the reference part of the FCC ID, and on the card's back. Might this card be a DTC3151X (a "SCSI Host Adapter")? If so, there is a ZIP file named dtc328x.zip for download at [here]. I see a SETUP.EXE in that.

Note the '3151' in the reference part of the FCC ID, and on the card's back. Might this card be a DTC3151X (a "SCSI Host Adapter")? If so, there is a ZIP file named dtc328x.zip for download at [here]. I see a SETUP.EXE in that.
That worked! I had to browse to the DOS directory and run INSTALL from there, then choose a custom installation because it defaults to installing the Windows 3.1 drivers.
dtc-3153 install.jpg
It looks like a whole bunch of different manufacturers have reused this card design, so it's been sold under different names depending on who's peripherals it was bundled with.

I threw the driver on a floppy image to hopefully make it easier for others to find.

Attachments

• dtc3181abcse+dtc3153+dtc328x.zip
    277.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back