• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by dJOS

1. D

The PLA20V8 PLA replacement for Commodore 64's - now available!

Hi All, Im now building this excellent design for folks that dont have the ability to make it themselves. It's easily the most affordable ($5.95ea USD) replacement available and compatible with everything tested to date! https://www.tindie.com/products/21059/
  2. D

XTIDE Device Compatibility List

The micro drive has a huge ram cache which probably helps a lot. I’ve also found they have lower CPU overheads on my Amiga’s too. Here’s the back of the cards:
  3. D

XTIDE Device Compatibility List

Im using r620 XTPL edition on my v20 equipped EX, running DOS 5.0 and my CF-IDE is running in 8-Bit BIU mode: DiskTest, gives me the following results on my: 4GB Seagate ST1 MicroDrive: XT-IDE ID: ST640211CF Write: 334.37 KB/s Read: 525.14 KB/s 8k Random: 13.5 IOPS Sector Random: 18.5 IOPS...
  4. D

I wish to create a new DMA/RAM expansion card for the Tandy 1000 line.

If you can find the Seagate ST1 MicroDrives I highly recommend them - they are almost as fast as flash due to a huge ram cache and should live longer than flash.
  5. D

Show us your Tandy Computers!

It's very odd that some are configured like this and others aren't - I'd never bothered looking at that section of the Tech manual before but you are correct that the notch is in the "wrong" place on the drive. Any chance you could post a couple of high res pics of the cable removed from your...
  6. D

Wanted CoCo 3 Motherboard

Hi All, Im after a CoCo 3 Motherboard to restore my CoCo 3 chassis* - I don't mind if it needs some TLC. IM in Australia but don't mind paying shipping (eg USPS). *I have everything but a mainboard (it was given to me from a friend).
  7. D

FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters for EX, HX, SX, TX etc

Btw, I finished the design for the adapter you requested - the PCB's arived yesterday so I'll build some on the weekend and put them on the store. it should work well with drives that have a rear layout like this:
  8. D

FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters for EX, HX, SX, TX etc

G'day all, I have the following brand new New Tandy 1000 Adapters available for sale on a build to order basis: Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapter Allows you to install smaller ISA cards into your EX/HX ram expansion board They are $19 USD each + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees). --> User...
  9. D

Show us your Tandy Computers!

Howdy all, I thought it was high time we had a pics and videos sharing topic here .... so without further ado, Show us your Tandy Computers (CoCo's & 1000's etc)! Here' my trusty Tandy 1000 EX: and I made a few videos too: https://www.youtube.com/user/djos1475/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=0
  10. D

Enabling LPT "Nibble" mode on a Tandy 1000

So I've been mucking about with a Covox Clone on my Tandy 1000 EX and the results frankly sucked: So I've been reading up a bit more on the eccentricities of the Tandy Printer port and found this thread: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?33992-Tandy-1000-Parallel-Ports-Part-II which...
  11. D

Tandy 1000E EX + Covox Speech Thing!

I thought I'd try an experiment using my Tandy 1000 EX, with one of my Edge-to-DB25 Printer adapters, to see if it worked with a Covox Speech Thing clone! :D
  12. D

WTB: Tandy 1000 EX Manuals & Disks

Hi All, if anyone has an unwanted good condition set of Tandy 1000 EX Manuals & Disks I'd love to buy them from you. I already have the Technical Reference Manual so I'm only after the Manual and Disks that shipped with the 1000 EX in the Box. PS, shipping would be to Australia but should be...
  13. D

Mac SE Caps?

Has any one got a definitive list of the Mac SE (not /30) Caps both in the PSU and logic boards? I'd like to order a set of caps and would prefer not to take my SE apart if I dont need to. I think my PSU caps are on the way out as the machine has become extremely unstable and wont boot of...
  14. D

A quick tour of my Tandy 1000 EX computer

Hi all, I thought I'd put together a quick tour of my Tandy 1000 EX computer.
  15. D

Tabs from a Tandy 1000 / A / EX / HX keyboard

Has anyone got a busted Tandy 1000 with the tabs from above the F1 & F12 keys? Through and accident while cleaning mine (forgot to put the strainer in the sink) I lost the two small tabs down the drain - as you can imagine I'm pretty filthy with myself atm. :mad: I'm pretty sure the tabs...
Back