• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by epitaxial

1. E

Looking for CPF for the IBM System/38

Just throwing this out there. Does anyone have a set of CPF diskettes for the IBM System/38? A complete set is pretty large 30-40 in total. Thanks.
  2. E

Advice on backup/clone of AIX 3.2.5 on RS/6000 Model 320...

How did you ever make out with this? I'm in a similar situation with a box running 3.2.5 and the case is locked so I can't remove the drive with damaging the lock.
  3. E

IDE to SD card adapter on Alpha

Decided to try out one of those cheap IDE to SD card adapters on my Alpha PC164 and it was really not happy with the board. Watched it type his error screen out in slow motion. For the record this machine has run NetBSD/OpenVMS/Tru64/NT4 without any issues.
  4. E

Alpha PC164 ARC firmware

Is there any way to load ARC firmware onto a Alpha PC164 besides the floppy drive? I'd like to give NT a spin but the floppy is no longer functional. Thanks.
  5. E

Tektronix 4054 flood gun voltage

Been a bit slow with the holidays but there has been a significant improvement. The bad ram chip has been replaced and we were able to run some code! The built in rom basic appears to be working fine. This is part of the program specified in the calibration procedure. The banding effect with the...
  6. E

Guess it pays to RTFM. Just so happens I did and have the results. Looks like this is expected according to the docs. Can't wait to get this fixed and run some demos.
  7. E

For the soldered chips is there a way to determine which chip it is from the memory address?
  8. E

Good catch. It might explain the weird power up behavior. You're right about not being able to clear the screen when the diags are running.
  9. E

Ok good news to report. My initial current readings were incorrect. After inspecting and re-seating the card and also noticing another loose ribbon cable, things are looking much better. At first it looked like this. After a few power cycles the display is near perfect, but only every other...
  10. E

Hello Dave. Yeah the 150mA fuse didn't blow, but it appeared to be corroded and have a high resistance. When I went to remove it from the clips the metal ends fell right off the glass! The other 150mA fuse also fell apart when it was removed. I measured the current at the fuse holder. Nothing...
  11. E

Hello all I'm one of the volunteers over at the Large Scale Systems Museum. We're currently doing some work on a Tektronix 4054 and the problem seems to be the flood gun voltage. The voltage at the test point TP91 starts out within spec but quickly falls to around 55 volts within a few seconds...
  12. E

HP C360 drive tray details

Hello all, I have an HP C360 workstation with the drive cage disassembled. The manuals show some diagrams of this but not enough details like what types of screws are used on the rear pcb. Can anyone pop one out and snap a few pictures? Thanks.
  13. E

What happened to all the old VMS software?

So I was reading through the massive VAX/VMS Software Source Book at http://wickensonline.co.uk/app/index.html#/scans and there were thousands of applications for VMS. So where did all the old copies go? I'd love to see some period era CAD or engineering software for VMS but its non existent...
  14. E

A beast of a TI-99

This beast of a TI-99 was picked up at an estate sale. It belonged to a local TI-99 owners club and the old newsletters are all scanned if you google for West Penn 99ers. The Gram Kracker add on card seems like a very sought after peripheral. Buried inside the case is a hard drive and some RS232...
  15. E

OpenVMS software catalog

Some time ago I recall someone scanned a catalog of commercial OpenVMS software and it was pretty lengthy. Does anyone recall that or have the file in question? Thanks.
Back