• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by gobabushka

1. G

Wtb: Ibm 730t/te

I am looking for an IBM Thinkpad 730T. I had one as a kid and would love to find another, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. G

HP 200LX and software oddities

So I managed to acquire an HP 200LX palmtop. Always wanted one of these. I also have put a 12bmb memory card in it. For the most part it works really well. However, I have noticed some issues with some software packages. For example, Where In The World is Carmen San Diego plays audio but shows...
  3. G

Looking for IBM 730T or IBM 730TE

As the title says im looking for an IBM 730T or TE hipefully with the cloth wrap around case and port replicator. I really hope someone has one as I cant find one for the life of me. Thanks!
  4. G

IBM Thinkpad 300 or 700 replacement screen and questions...

So...I have managed to acquire some MORE old IBM iron. This time in the form of two thinkpads. One is the 300, and one is the 700. Both of them work, save the 300 has a bad HD. However, they both have screen issues. The 300 has an issue where there is a horizontal line through the middle and...
  5. G

PS/2 Model 80 Rescue...Hangs in POST

Ok. So I just rescued an IBM PS/2 Model 80. Thing is awesome. Also sat outside in someone's shed for 15 years... Anyways. I go to boot it, amazingly the thing still powers up. It runs through the memory count, and gives the following error codes, even after stripping the machine down to no...
  6. G

AST SixPackPlus Bad Bank

I have a quick question. I have a fully populated SixPackPlus. The memory count stops at 576K. I have tried swapping chips, aquired new chips, and have triple checked the switch configuration. Any suggestions?
  7. G

Use the keyboard as a mouse for Windows 2

I am hoping to procure a serial mouse soon. However, until I am able to, is there any way to use the keyboard as a mouse? Maybe a TSR or something?
  8. G

IBM Portable with AT Power Supply

So. I finally got the IBM portable from a friend that I have been trying to get for 10 years! I also have since replaced the bad caps on the motherboard. Only problem is, the power supply is still bad. It makes a click when I flip the switch. The motherboard is good, as it fires up and POSTs...
  9. G

IBM PS/2 Model 30-286 No video...or anything after replacing clock chip

Ok, I've got a friend who's got an IBM PS/2 Model 30-286 which the clock chip went bad. They replaced it, and might have put it in backwards. Now, the computer shows no errors...or anything for that matter on any vga monitor we've tried. Any suggestions? Or, is there any way to get the data off...
  10. G

PalmPilot Questions...

Ok, back in the day I used to be really big into palm os devices. One of my favorites was the palmpilot professional with the palm 2mb upgrade. I found another upgrade and have the palmpilot. Only thing is...I am short one hotsync cradle and a replacement screen. , but, more importantly, I can't...
  11. G

Poqet PC Repair

Ok, I just recently aquired a poqet pc handheld. All the books, disk drive, everything! Only problem is...It does nothing and the left hinge is broken. It looks like there is some corrosion in the battery compartment. Any ideas, disassembly guides? I would love to fix it!
  12. G

IBM Portable PSU making clicking noise, no power

I've got a friend who's got an IBM Portable and it worked fine up until he moved to his new house, he went to fire up the machine, and the PSU makes a clicking noise and nothing else happens. He has tried re-seating everything to no avail. Any suggestions?
  13. G

PCjr white screen solid *buzz* from speaker

Ok, so after a lot of googling, I found out that the power supply board is a-ok. So the issue must be in the motherboard. I have stripped the machine down to the bare minimum. (no sidecars, no floppy or controller, no memory expansion, etc.) But all I get is a white screen with the buzz noise on...
  14. G

Help with PCjr Power Supply Board

I just got a PCjr from a friend that I'm hoping to put back into service. It won't power up, so I pulled out the multimeter and checked the PSU board in the machine, looks like the 12v rail is only putting out round 8. any suggestions on where to start?
  15. G

FS: Early spring cleaning!

Well, I have some things that I have no use for, but some of you guys might! CD Caddies: I have 8 of them, some yellowed, one missing metal slider, but all in good shape overall. $5 shipped each OBO AT&T PC 6300: I have no real way to test it, no monitor or keyboard, so it is AS-IS. has one...
Back