• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Jeff_Birt

1. J

CE-158X, a more modern replacement for the Sharp CE-158 (and TRS-80 version)

I found a case to keep my CE-158 comfortable and safe.
  2. J

Two new memory modules for TRS-80 PC_2, Sharp PC-1500

They were an amazing machine for the time and still fun today.
  3. J

Two new memory modules for TRS-80 PC_2, Sharp PC-1500

In this video we introduce two new memory modules for the Sharp PC-1500 (TRS-80 PC-2) . The CE-1638 features 8x 16K RAM banks. The CE-163F also has 8x 16K RAM banks + 8x 16K FLASH banks. Both come with backup batteries for the RAM and firmware that runs behind the scenes which makes bank...
  4. J

It should work with the CE-150, I will confirm this weekend. The CE-150 does not power the original CE-158 or the new CE-158X. Both need their own power source. In the case of the original CE-158 you must use the internal battery pack. With the CE-158X you can add an 18650 internally and use...
  5. J

In this video we take a look at the CE-158X, a modern serial / parallel interface for the Sharp PC-1500[A], PC-1600 computers. The original Sharp CE-158 interfaces are rare, expensive and limited to 2400bps. We created the CE-158X as a modern higher speed replacement. With a solid transfer speed...
  6. J

I have some that I need to get finished up. Will get them done ASAP.
  7. J

The first batch of CE-158Xs is gone. We will have some more sometime in May. I'm doing my best to get the user's manual finished up this weekend and will post a link here to it. I'm also trying to get a new video done showing the final product.
  8. J

I sent you DM, I think you should be able to respond.
  9. J

Due to some of life's little curveballs I just got the CE-158X units ready to ship. Case colors available are RED and BLACK. (They got the most votes.) We only made a small number this first time. It can be powered by the USB connector or an 18650 (not included to make international shipping...
  10. J

CE-158X Update! I have a small number of completed CE-158X boards on hand now! I have printed 4 colors of covers, experimenting to see which I liked better. There are black, red, grey and a sort of iridescent brown/purple which looks a bit different based on the lighting and angle of viewing...
  11. J

Yes, we will be producing them. Should have the first ones out shortly. Boards in hand, parts on the way and 3D printer is printering :)
  12. J

For months a friend and I have been working on a replacement for the Sharp CE-158 RS-232 serial/parallel interface for the PC-1500 (TRS-80 PC-2). I just put the finishing touches on the enclosure, PCB are on hand and parts will be arriving next week. Note that the case is red as I was using up...
  13. J

Modern update of the CE-158 for the TRS-80 PC-2

I think we have related but differing visions. I think the idea of DMA is interesting but not what I was after, I wanted a more direct replacement for the CE-158 with all of the CE-158 functionality. We have boards on hand and parts arriving next week. I'll start a new thread though.
  14. J

Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 Service Manual eBay Fundme

The TPDD2 service manual is archived at last! https://archive.org/details/tpdd-2-service-manual
  15. J

Modern update of the CE-158 for the TRS-80 PC-2

They are in the processor itself, i.e. PU, PV, etc.
Back