• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by labomb

1. L

Cromemco JS-1 Joystick Replica

If this works, I can upload the gerbers.
  2. L

Altair ROM BASIC

Hmmm... you've peeked my curiosity. I located a dump of the ROMS that I found online way back in 2013, and it does indeed have a 0 byte where the 'A' should be, as well as the boot code at $FF00. I also located a dump (not really a dump actually, but rather a terminal emulator capture of the...
  3. L

Atari 800 function switch 'washers' ?

So I've just started to rebuild an Atari 800 (original, not an XL), and one thing that I thought would be on the agenda is to replace the 'Option' switch on the power supply board. The key was sticking down and wasn't operating correctly. However, upon disassembling I discovered that the switch...
  4. L

Who has the slowest computer on the forum?

I probably have a single-board something-or-other that is slower, but my MITS Altair 680b boxes are clocked at 500 khz.
  5. L

Mark-8 Dress panel?

That's quite likely. And it does have a decidedly frontpanelexpress.com 'ish look to it. I dug my Obtronix variation out... here's a pic: As mentioned, the color looks different.
  6. L

Mark-8 Dress panel?

He definitely provided some of his early kits with a cut/drilled/painted panel, as mentioned I have one (and I have one of his kits without the panel as well). But I don't recall ever seeing any of his kits sold with a front panel *with* the labels on it already. The panels he included did not...
  7. L

Mark-8 Dress panel?

At least one of my Obtronix kits has the dress panel. While the color of the listed panel may well be different than what was captured/posted by the seller, the panel that I have has more of a green-ish hue compared to the one in the listing. Perhaps more importantly, mine does not have any...
  8. L

Uploading a text file for MBASIC

In Notepad++, go to Edit and then EOL Conversion... if it's 'Windows (CR LF)', select 'Unix (LF)' and then save the document.
  9. L

Uploading a text file for MBASIC

I think there's a bit more to it than carriage return/linefeed issues. MS Basic generally* doesn't save your programs in text file format, but rather saves them in a 'tokenized' format (just as the programs exists in memory when typed in). These files are essentially in binary format as a...
  10. L

The Official Nabu PC Floppy Disk Controller thread

One other interesting thing to note... when loading the NABU_5.25_DSDD_CPM_User_Boot.hfe image into the HxC software, it indicates the image is 42 tracks. I would think that it would load 40 tracks.
  11. L

I think the file that I used was this one: https://vintagecomputer.ca/files/Nabu/disk_images/NABU_5.25_DSDD_CPM_User_Boot.hfe. I wonder if there are some subtle differences between AS and the Kyroflux? EDIT: Actually, it may have been the image in this archive...
  12. L

For what it's worth, I have not been able to boot the 5.25" gotek image from Grant's site either. Another user that has been testing my cp/m 2.2 hasn't been able to boot it either. It tried re-creating the image, but wasn't successful. Pretty sure there is an issue with it, but the the 3.5"...
  13. L

The boot ROM (patched or otherwise) is out of the picture once the disk is booted into cp/m. So lock-ups after entering a few commands, or format working occasionally, etc... would suggest that you have a hardware issue, be it with the floppy controller or the NABU itself.
  14. L

DPB, Offset value - Does BDOS automatically assume 2 heads?

All of the sources that I've seen from DR (that were purported to 'original') used uppercase with the copyright text and all generated error messages. 'Purported' is the operative word here, but I believe that was likely the case, if for no other reason than to maximize compatibility with the...
  15. L

Looking for a known-good binary image of CP/M 2.2 BDOS assembled to $E200

Here you go, assembled at D000 with BDOS assumed to be at E200 (it's only used for the serialization code).
Back