• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by LCARS

1. LCARS

Big Boxed PC Games

Nice, I did have SWAT but currently... I'll have to look. @The funny green filly Cool!
  2. LCARS

Replacing the screen of a Compaq Portable 486c

Very cool, next thing I would like to design and print is the door/flap over the ports on the side of the 486, a lot of the 486's I come across don't have that anymore. This is how far I currently am. Here's an image of the original one that I borrowed from a friend to take measurements:
  3. LCARS

Compaq SLT 386s/20 Prototype

This is awesome, may I use one of the pictures on my website?
  4. LCARS

Big Boxed PC Games

When they came out, I played them on the PC's of my father (period 1993-2000, in 2000 I got my own pc ;) ). Back in the day there was something called PC Private Project in the Netherlands, that was an incentive to buy PC's through the company you was working for, for free, with discount or...
  5. LCARS

Vintage Compaq Collection Vinpaq

That laptop is also being used in the serie Friends by Chandler btw, he uses it to screw with the Facebook account of Ross.
  6. LCARS

That's because the LTE 4/33c is a different laptop from an Aero: https://vinpaq.com/compaq-collection/contura-aero-4-33c Your LTE (lite?) 4/33C I'm currently trying to buy an LTE 4/##C, very hard to find these days.
  7. LCARS

Hi all, I'm currently busy with collecting Compaq laptops and portables. The collection is limited to the year 2002, after that HP acquired Compaq. I started this collection because of a Friends episode where Chandler boosts about the specs of a Contura. I decided that I wanted that laptop as...
  8. LCARS

Very cool to see! How did you manage to click it in? (I even wonder how they did it when it was manufactured, did a lot break?) I would suggest to sand the outside with sandpaper. (first a coarse one to remove the 'steps' and then with a fine grit to get it a bit smooth.) Then paint it in the...
  9. LCARS

Looking for software 'Windows For Pen Computing 2.0' for my w95 Compaq Concerto

Ok, I found out that the pendrivers were included in beta versions of W95 (Chicago). I downloaded one of the latest versions and I found these files in the PLUSPACK folder: Opening the PEN.HLP file confirms that it is about Pen support. Could I simply copy these pen drivers to my windows 95...
  10. LCARS

Looking for software 'Windows For Pen Computing 2.0' for my w95 Compaq Concerto

Hi all, I'm trying to find a copy of "Windows For Pen Computing 2.0'. I already have the 1.0. thanks!
  11. LCARS

Looking for a Compaq Concerto (front cover)

I would love to buy a Concerto for parts. Of course it may be in a working condition but I need a new front cover, for the one on mine broke during shipment. (Darn UPS!)
  12. LCARS

Ok, another update. The last version was a bit hard to get in (the axis was too long), so 1 broke. The other feet I sanded the axis and one axis also at an angle. Then it clicked into place and because the 'at an angle' sanded side of the axis is not used when using the feet. As you can see...
  13. LCARS

I'm working on some prototypes, had the same problem. This version, the axis are too short. Next one will also have that middle edge. Thanks for those pictures! Next version:
  14. LCARS

Big Boxed PC Games

Hi all, I thought I should share this with you. These were the games I had or wanted to have when I was growing up. (thus defining an otherwise never ending collection) And I think this my most treasured game, Mechwarrior 1
  15. LCARS

My Compaq 4/25 has an extra battery. What is it for?

One of my Compaq's has this, the other not (just an empty space)