• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by leeb

1. L

DEC PCP-11 Laptop

I spend most of my time in the Tandy section, but I recently acquired a PCP-11 Laptop... It is a mechanical duplicate of the Tandy/GRiD 1755, one of which I got 'sometime back'... both of which is a rebranded Panasonic... Unfortunately it also suffers from the power-up issue common to many of...
  2. L

Model 4/4P

This is how I modded my cable for a drive 0...
  3. L

Scambled eggs and address lines...

An Update An Update Well, I have been 'tightening and tweaking' what I already have done, and inserted the 4th layer (#2 internal) 'pretty-much exclusively' for the address lines. I am attempting to run the address lines 'true' so far... and have been 'somewhat' successful... So far, I have...
  4. L

No... there are actually 4 CAS# lines (0-3)... each CAS# goes to a pair of chips... :bomb: Looking again I see I DID forget A8... for a total of 9... OP adjusted... :D Here is a sample of what Ive managed to complete so far... but havent even BEGUN on the back level yet... (thus, the...
  5. L

Okay... see if you can follow me here. I am attempting to repli-create the 35-pin 1Mb(256kx4x8 ) RAMS for my 2810s and similar panasonic laptops... and I have been having trouble with routing, pretty much everything! So... I have 4 chips on each side, and unlike the original RAMs (which were...
  6. L

Converted my Frankenstein Model III to use 3.5" floppies

When I put the 3.5 in my 4p I rewired the cable to allow 'normal PC' floppies to work 'as is' (except for the HD sensor which I disabled)... Looks like this: Should work just fine on a 3 as well! :D
  7. L

TRS-80 Model III

Just in case you're interested... Just in case you're interested... This wiring of a cable will allow you to use 3.5" drives on the 3/4/4p... (AFAIK they use the same cable...) Cheers! Lee
  8. L

MILITARY vintage - AN/UYK-44 Computer!

I was floored when I saw this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-AN-UYK-44-Data-Processing-System/230953556173?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D9196816185488964379%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D230953556173%26...
  9. L

MT4C4256 Surface mount DRAMS (or equivalent SMT)

Am looking for this (these) specific memory device(s) for a project... 1Mb in 256kX4 setup... surface-mount (SOJ, I believe they call it). -80 or faster... The center 6 pins/legs are nonexistent... I would not care if they are board-mounted as long as they are physically undamaged. (I will...
  10. L

Possible Drive Ribbon Cable Repair?

More Images (EME-273) More Images (EME-273) This is a typical installation of the ribbon cable, this being the control board of a 273... I see good potential for the ZIF type ribbon connector, altho Im not sure if, once reinstalled on the body of the drive, there will be enough room to...
  11. L

Tandy 3800 HD Repair/Restoration

I really DO love being wrong! :p Here is the pic to prove it... and my faux-pas... having thought I replaced my 'battery fix' with a 'normal' one. Oh well.. :D
  12. L

Possible Drive Ribbon Cable Repair?

As the title suggests, I open the question of cable repair on our older devices. The background: I have been 'dabbling' in the older Tandy/Panasonic 286-on laptops for... quite awhile now. One of the major problems has been the age-related self-destruction of the drive (Matsushita...
  13. L

Tandy 3800 HD Repair/Restoration

.... and yet I have an HP EXTERNAL SATA drive that has that cap... Okay... JUST FOR YOU, I have destroyed a corner of one of the other power supplies, removed the screw, and have taken some pics of it... I hope they are useful. Taken with my Surface RT... :p
  14. L

LCD Screen Pinouts? (Sanyo/Torison)

Will check on it once I get home! EDIT: Oh... gotta start laundry first! :p EDIT2: First, they ARE limited to 16 grayscale... but they are a 20-pin configuration... like As you can see, it also includes the CCFL wiring including adjustment (a 2-position switch). I haven't opened up a...
  15. L

35 Pin low-profile 1Mb RAMs...

Title pretty much says it all! A Panasonic-made RAM for some of their laptops... and others. Need them in pairs at the very least... a single pair would be nice! :D
Back