• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mdh

1. M

XT-IDE rev 4B Prototypes Are In!

All fine and dandy, but is it gluten free? 🤨
  2. M

Windows 3.1 386 enhanced mode DOS question

I read a detailed description of the shenanigans that Windows 386 had to do, I think written by Raymond Chen I think ( https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/author/oldnewthing ), or maybe Larry Osterman?
  3. M

RS232 cable speed issues. 9 pin vs 25 pin?

That may be your problem. CTS and RTS are some of the signals on bottom (and DSR) row of the 9 pin connector. Solder them in to see if that helps.
  4. M

Running TRSDOS on Z180 & eZ80

So I have a MinEz 1.2xm @MB + 0 (all that was available at the time), so how do I get TRSDOS running on it?
  5. M

Old school Eprom & Prom programmer.

I *suspect* that the TL082 is the driver for the transmit from device to host (to host) and the LM339 is for the incoming data (from host). If you can either check the traces from the connector (would require taking board out of box, can’t tell if that is difficult or not) and see.
  6. M

XT-IDE Bios at F200 - conflict

It may just be the game - it may be expecting BASIC in ROM? Or even IBM BIOS? Just to steal functions or it appears in this case, a string.
  7. M

Finally, after a bunch of years of waiting and searching I got one!

I only see one photo. I’d love to see the 8 inch drive mess.
  8. M

Compaq Deskpro 486/33M - An adventure

Try using a known good or new power supply. They can look like they are working, but the voltages can vary and be unsteady, and can behave oddly like the symptoms you’re having. Use any power supply, even if it doesn’t fit in the case - just use it to test.
  9. M

Quest Electronics' demise

I don’tt even remember this….(and I used my big board II to copy roms)
  10. M

Anyone else have one of these?

I think I have the basic in a ROM somewhere… I’ve used it before.
  11. M

Maxtor 7120AT jumper settings.

Yea, I’ve tried the jumpers. It is an intel Premier/PCI II baby at. Made back when the secondary ide was on the south bridge, primary on north bridge. It will work as the only drive on primary, but can’t boot. (I think the floppy controlling is hosed, get a seek error every time, even with gotek…)
  12. M

Ok, this is odd. On my secondary ide port, the drive will work. On my primary ide port, it will not. It would not show up in post or after booting. Is the drive to old for the primary? the primary has the same cable as the secondary, so not one of the shielded ones.
  13. M

Well, that is odd. Both J20 and J19 are jumpered on mine. And now that I'm looking at a giant picture of the jumpers, it does appear that the settings are printed below the jumpers.
  14. M

Jumpers. Drive info
Back