• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Minerva10210

1. M

Swopping floppy drives on XT Clone

Hey guys As some of you may have sen my previous question about the 486 laptop that I found at work, there was another item that I picked up. This is a beige-box clone, with a NEC V20 in it, Juko - either mobo, or VGA card(16bit et400 - score ;) ), not sure which one's BIOS is actually showing...
  2. M

Need assistance/advice on getting 486 to pass POST

Hi guys Havent been around for a while, but got back into the vintage stuff now after buying a house with some space for a "Man-Cave" to fiddle with them. Got a nice "barn-find" here at work. It is a Laptech 7560D 486 laptop - also known as a Magtronic if my searches using the FCCID is...
  3. M

Benchmarking apps

Hi guys, long time no see, been busy at work with projects and such - so missed my vintage stuffs! So, I didn't use the search function ;) What apps do you guys use to benchmark 486/P1 era machines? I presume landmark speedcom does not really feature all that well here :D I am busy trying to...
  4. M

Norand Pen*Key 6100

Hi Guys I did a search on the forum, and only came across a thread where someone mentioned that they had a 6100 or 6110... I am now the proud owner of 3 of these devices, but it would seem that they have a custom OS/Flash on them. I cannot find anything on Norand or Intermec's website...
  5. M

IBM 5155 video

Hi guys Just want to check with the knowledgeable around here. The CGA card that comes in the 5155, it only outputs monochrome on the RCA out correct? Also if I'm not mistaken it would be ntsc right? I connected it to my Sony Bravia tv this evening for the hell of it as it supports both ntsc...
  6. M

Testing external cache

Hi guys Firstly, thanks to the mods on making the P1 genre, I quite like it :) Now, on to business... I have a P1 mobo at home which I would like to get up and running again. Now, the mobo has a COAST slot, and if I recall, I may have 1 or 2 of these COAST modules laying about. Now the thing...
  7. M

Quick 386/387 question

Ok, will be honest off the bat and admit I have not searched the forum yet, posting off my phone... If I have an Intel 386SX16 mobo, will it work with a Cyrix 387SX25 chip. Sorry if the question has been asked before.
  8. M

Need assistance with a Acer Anyware 1100LX

Hi Guys, Just got my paws on an Acer 1100LX laptop, it is a 386SX16, has 5MB RAM (1MB onboard and 4x 1MB 30pin SIMMS) and a Conner 40MB HDD. The machine is in great shape looks wise, but seems like it is not working all that well, I have attached images to this post to illustrate this...
  9. M

IBM DOS v5...

Hi Guys! ... I have it, well sort of anyway :| I got hold of a boxed IBM DOS 5, including from what I can tell all the manuals, but only 2 of the 3 disks, Disk 1 is missing :( Now I know this is probably not allowed, but does someone perhaps have the same version of the disks who would not...
  10. M

Anyone having issues with uploading pics?

Either I am being really daft, as I have uploaded pics before, or is there something else? I know that there is a size limit of ~90KB for a .jpg file, but the pics I am trying to upload are ~70KB. Did I miss something, or is anyone else also experiencing the issue? PS. I cannot use any file...
  11. M

Please help identify 5.25" FDD

Hi Guys I got hold of 2 of these drives that were sold as "perfect to strip for parts" especially for the stepper motors. they look brand new so I hoped to use them with my vintage computer stuffs. Now I did a google and cannot find too much that helps me at this stage. I did also try and test...
  12. M

Help identifying Video card please

So I've had the card for years, and I cant ever recall getting it up and running, and google is not my friend tonight. :? Anyone seen this card before? It is marked as a "Sampo PWB-2397-1" this is the only number I can get off the card that makes any sense. It has both an 9-pin and a 15pin d-sub...
  13. M

I'm a proud new owner...

...of 3 "new" commodore64 machines. :D Got them for a steal too ;) So I got 3 machines (1 not working apparently - haven't tested it yet), a monitor, a 1541 floppy drive, a C2N tape drive, a power supply, 2 "paddle" joysticks and 2 standard joysticks, and a bunch of software. All this for R300...
  14. M

Modifications to my IBM5155 & 5160

Howdy guys So I was fiddling with my old machines over the weekend - cleaned them all up properly, stripped everything to the bare chassis used a paintbrush to clean everything and some soap on the chassis covers etc. Now I have a few different ideas here of what I can do with the machines. I...
  15. M

Hi from sunny South Africa

Hi All I stumbled across the forum here while looking for some info on 2 items I have recently become the proud owner of... Quite indecently both machines are IBM's :o One is a IBM 5160 Personal Computer XT It has a 5MHz Intel CPU 640KB RAM IBM Type 13 20MB HDD (2Bays high) 1x 360K Floppy...
Back