• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mrcity

1. M

AT&T 6300 - 25-pin Monitor Model?

Call me weird, but I'm trying to make a matched set, even if that means I'm stuck with MDA for the moment 😆 So I saw an AT&T monitor on eBay and it came today! Now I'm in business. This is the CRT-314 monitor with 25-pin interface matching the video card. I disconnected the 15V line into the...
  2. M

AT&T 6300 - 25-pin Monitor Model?

Hello folks, I've got an AT&T 6300 WGS that I'm looking to kit out with the period AT&T-ness to go along with. Inside the machine is a VDC400 video card, which seems to be a CGA-compatible card with the 25-pin connector that mates quite nicely with my two AT&T CRT-313-B monitors. (FWIW, the two...
  3. M

WTB: HP 9830-compatible paper media & machinery (i.e. cards, paper tape)

(EDIT 6/6/21: I think I've tracked down what I need. I've found a Facit 4042 paper tape punch/reader combo, an HP 11144 ASCII bus interface, an 11272A extended I/O ROM, and what should hopefully be suitable paper rolls. If anyone needs paper rolls, PM me and we can work something out; I had to...
  4. M

WTB: IBM 5154 Neck Board & Power Supply

Hey folks, I've acquired an IBM 5154 monitor with no neck board nor power supply. I am adept at circuit board repair and know people who fix monitors, so as long as what I have isn't totally shot, I'd like to take a chance at saving it. Does anyone have a compatible neck board & power supply...
  5. M

IBM 8525 (PS/2 Model 25-286) FDD & Blank Bezels

Hey there, if anyone happens to have some extra plastic lying around (in terms of these bezels), or can give me some good detailed pictures of these bezels for the IBM 8525, I'd appreciate it! The IBM part numbers according to http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/eprm/eprm/f157.htm are: 00F2117 and...
  6. M

Elektronika DVK-3, a Soviet PDP-11 clone micro

Preparing Disk Images for an Elektronika DVK-3 MX Controller Preparing Disk Images for an Elektronika DVK-3 MX Controller Ok, get ready, I'm dumping a whole lot of information here about practical use of a DVK-3! :D Now that the HxC is known to be a viable way to run software on the DVK-3, I...
  7. M

Anyone familiar with these TI 3046 or LR47777 monitors?

I've had these monitors for close to two years now and haven't been able to identify thheir purpose. I haven't attempted to power them up because I don't know what I can safely connect them to. They have an IEC plug that seems to go into the female port of a 5150-style computer (where you can...
  8. M

I figured all a parking utility does is set the drive to the highest cylinder. My dilemma is finding if there's an easy way to do this through some kind of system call if the file doesn't exist. (Hint: BASIC exists on my RT-11 floppy disk image, so maybe that'd help!) Or maybe I shouldn't...
  9. M

IT LIVES! I didn’t know what to do at first. After I got home, I watched some of the videos Mihail posted on using it, and learned the command you write in order to get it to do anything (namely, even enter RT-11 in the first place -- maybe not quite RT-11 per se, but "ФОДОС-2"). I’m not...
  10. M

Heh, that is quite the group name... No one will ever misconstrue what they are about! ;) It's good to see that there is a healthy interest in retro computers in Russia. Maybe you or one of these fellows could help me fix my hard disk controller. Mihail claims I will have to remove it, or...
  11. M

Hello Comrades :p A while back, I contacted Mihail via the email address shared in this old "For Sale" post http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?57786-Soviet-DVK-3-PCs-available . Anyway, I guess the closest domestic thing to it is the DEC PRO 325 & 350. After probably 2 months back and...
  12. M

A2000 - SCSI CD-ROM Success Story

Hey folks, thought I'd share my latest retrocomputing victory... :D Last Christmastime, I picked up an Amiga 2000 from channelmaniac who lives about 20 minutes from me. It runs lowly AmigaOS 2.0, not 3.9 much less 3.1. But combine that with the external SCSI CD-ROM drive I got a while ago...
  13. M

Some unusual CoCo/Tandy 1000 Memorabilia

Just today, I received this in the mail from a Goodwill auction: It's one of Tandy's "Computer Whiz" comics, with a healthy dose of promotional literature around the CoCo and Tandy 1000 mixed in with the story of kids who thwart a kidnapping. If you've never heard of these comics, you can...
  14. M

GRiD Compass keyboard styling for your modern PC

There's a thread on Geekhack where a fellow is particularly interested in creating a new set of keycaps for modern keyboards that utilize the aesthetics of the GRiD Compass keyboard. The keycaps will be double-shot, but seemingly the biggest debate in the thread is which symbol to pad-print...
  15. M

Ridiculous 3rd-party SCSI drive in my Mac Plus

I decided I was about through with swapping disks 25 times while trying to load Photoshop 1.0.7, not to mention having to swap disks just to do other things like change settings or make a gradient. :p Sure it gives an authentic 1980s experience, but you only need to live it once! Here's my...
Back