• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by MrRedHat

1. M

Tandy 4825SX Floppy

Does the Tandy 4825SX have standard floppy/power like other PC clones? I know my Tandy 1000 TL/2 has power through the floppy cable if I remember correctly. I want to add a second floppy drive to my 4825SX and I want to make sure I don't burn it out by not wiring correctly.
  2. M

Upgrade CPU in Tandy 4825SX Computer

I have a Tandy 4825SX Computer and I want to upgrade the CPU. I have an Intel DX4/100 and I'm wondering if I can pop that in there and get 75MHz out of it? I also have an Intel DX40DPR100 overDrive processor and I'm wondering if that would work? I'm thinking it won't because I need the DX40DP75...
  3. M

AT clone desktop case

I’m looking for a AT clone desktop case to put my 386 in. It would be great if it had a turbo that display the MHz, but not a requirement. The newer looking the better.
  4. M

UMC UC4913 Rev 1.1

I got a UMC UC-4913 motherboard from a friend and trying to find more about it I came across an e-bay listing asking $235 for one. My question is, what’s so special about an UMC UC4913 486 motherboard that costs so much? It seems just a like regular ol’ 486 motherboard to me. Is there something...
  5. M

CT-1320A & Roland MT-32 good fit for TL3?

I have a friend who passed away and was given his old computers things and one of the things in there was a Creative Labs CT-1320A and a Roland MT-32. I have no experience with either of these, but I do have a Tandy 1000 TL/3 that I would like to put them in. Would the TL/3 computer be a good...
  6. M

Bad motherboard?

I have an Asus VL/I-486SV2G rev 2.0 motherboard which I think is bad. The machine runs fine for hours with the turbo off, but when I turn it on, I start to get random errors. For example, if the machine has been powered down for a while and I turn it on, it’ll work ok for about 10 to 15 minutes...
  7. M

Jerry Richter Oversen’s IBM 5161 Expansion Unit

So what’s your take on this expansion unit (eBay) being Jerry Richter Oversen’s? I think once you buy it, it's going to be difficult to prove that it was his computer in the future, but also I can't believe that the eBay seller doesn't know what's on the HD. If you had IBM executives running...
  8. M

IBM 5170 Keyboard

Someone is giving me an IBM 5170, but with no keyboard. Will a PS/2 to AT keyboard adapter work with it? I plan on using an IBM model M with it, so I assume it’ll work ok as long as I use the adapter. Also, what kind of keyboard would be period accurate for a 5170?
  9. M

This much for a IBM Model M??

This much on eBay for an IBM model M found here? Are they really going for this price? I bought about 40 of them for $65 on eBay about 10 years ago, so if they're really going for $40, I want to start selling them. :)
  10. M

Hello from MrRedHat

Hi, I’m MrRedHat. My wife named me that because I always wear a red hat. I don’t collect much in vintage computers, but I do have a small little collection going. I started collecting vintage computers about 17 years ago when my Dad saved an IBM 5160 computer from being tossed in the dumpster...
  11. M

TL/2 with ST351A/X

I tried running debug on it and it still did the same. Sometimes Linux’s fdisk will see things, so I stuck it in another machine and checked the partition information with Linux's fdisk and it showed everything blank. I decided to create a MS-DOS FAT16 partition with Linux and it made a 40MB...
  12. M

TL/2 with ST351A/X

I have a Tandy 1000 TL/2 that I installed a Seagate ST351 A/X in. The max drive size it seems to be seeing is 26MB. I know DOS 3.3 had a partition limit of 30MB, but when I tried PC-DOS 7.0 it only 26MB as well. I assume the drive is compatible? For curiosity sake, when I jumpered the drive...
  13. M

HP Integrity rx2660 without CPU/memory

I have a HP Integrity rx2660 without the CPU/memory/HD's (it's just the base system). What you see in the pictures is what I have. This chassis was ordered extra in case we needed it, but it turned out that it wasn’t required. I put CPU and memory in it four months ago, to test it, and it’s...
  14. M

Vintage Tandy 1000HX Computer

Is this a good price for this? Comes with the original box and manuals. http://www.ebay.com/itm/310421484385?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649
  15. M

Parking Heads

I know you’re supposed to park the heads on the old hard drives, but when I got my IBM 5160 there was nothing on the hard drive. The hard drive that’s in there is a Miniscribe hard drive and I can’t see any other identifying marks. I would rather not take it out to flip it over to see if there...
Back