• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by natcha

1. N

People's Pascal

I was able to find my old work where I had typed in the Basic Compiler from the BYTE Magazine articles. I got it working with Basica or GWBasic in the MSDos computer. I had converted the North Star Basic FN functions to straight basic code. When the program is run, it asks for the name of a...
  2. N

People's Pascal

People's Pascal was sold by Computing Information Exchange. There were two versions: People's Pascal I was implemented for the TRS-80 by John Alexander of Pipe Dream Software, Berwick, Australia. It was a fairly straight forward implementation of the three part Byte Magazine. It consisted of...
  3. N

People's Pascal

Thanks for the zip. But I'm looking for the original People's Pascal that only came on cassette. There were two versions: People Pascal I - Which was written in basic and almost exactly matched the Byte Tiny Pascal. People Pascal II - Which was the typical Tiny Pascal that is most common. I...
  4. N

People's Pascal

Many years ago, I played around with People's Pascal which was a Tiny Pascal based on the Byte articles. Unfortunately, I have lost the drive that had the files on them. This came on a cassette tape that had People's Pascal I and People's Pascal II on it. I'm hoping that someone here still...
  5. N

Mid Atlantic Free for local pickup: Sun SPARCstation 2

The system has been claimed and will be going to a new home soon. 73 Bill WD9EQD Smithville, NJ
  6. N

I never heard from Alex on a date he could get it, so... This system is still available if someone wants to pick it up. Otherwise it'll be going to the recyclers in the spring. 73 Bill WD9EQD Smithville, NJ
  7. N

TRS-80 Pocket Computer PC-1 (Sharp PC-1211)/PC-3 (PC-1250/1251) Software Library (& request for more software) - Full PDF scans and digital WAVs

The programs, with some modifications, can also be run on the Sharp PC-1262. 1350 & 1360. I've converted some of the games to run on these computers. You have to look for the following in the source code: Implied Multiplication. These can be tricky to find. Instances of exponents such as...
  8. N

Running Minix, a UNIX-like Operating System on the HP 200LX DOS Palmtop

Many years ago, Mack Baggette modified the minix kernel so that it will work with the LX's eccentricities. I had copies of the files and did test that they ran on my HP-200LX. He made several versions for different size cards, from 8 meg to 40 meg. I no longer have the files, but I did some...
  9. N

Alex, Sounds good. Not sure how you come up to the museum. If you come up the NJ Parkway from south Jersey, then we can easily meet at one of the rest stops. Otherwise, I could bring it up to the Museum. It's only about and hour's drive for me. Just let me know when you plan your next trip...
  10. N

Alex, Shouldn't be a problem. I'll just sit it in the corner until you can pick it up. I'll let you know if anyone else expresses an interest in it. How often do you get up to the museum? 73 Bill WD9EQD Smithville, NJ
  11. N

I rescued a Sun SparcStation 2 computer from a friend who had to clean out his storage unit. He had very little time (about a week) to clean the unit out and was planning on sending the Sun to the recycling. So I now have it and am trying to dispose of it before I end up sending it to the...
  12. N

Looking for source code of any BASIC for CP/M-86

Try the following site. It has lots of software for CPM/80, 86 & 68. including some Basic. Digital Research Binary Files oops, I missed that you were looking for Source Code. 73 Bill WD9EQD Smithville, NJ
  13. N

Omnibook 300/425/430- Other Operating Systems

I believe there are quite a few HP Omnibook 300/425/430 enthusiasts here. I have been playing around with them for many years, especially the 425/430. I found the model 300 to be limiting in that I couldn’t install other operating system on it. For those that have the OB-430 or OB-425 with...
  14. N

Free - Data General/ONE

I have a Data/General/one with some accessories that I would like to give to someone. The screen is almost unreadable, but otherwise is in clean condition. It has the Data General canvas carrying case, power supply and the printer. There's also the following: Owner’s Manual Pocket Reference...
  15. N

Oasis Operating System for Z-80

The other day, I was discussing old computers with a friend. He was telling me about the Oasis multi-user operating system that he used to run on a Z-80 system. Sounded very interesting - I had never heard of it before. I did a search on the Web and came across some manuals for it on...
Back