• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic Free for local pickup: Sun SPARCstation 2

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

natcha

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
I rescued a Sun SparcStation 2 computer from a friend who had to clean out his storage unit.
He had very little time (about a week) to clean the unit out and was planning on sending the
Sun to the recycling. So I now have it and am trying to dispose of it before I end up sending it
to the recycling.

It's the pizza box Sun SparcStation 2. I don't know what is inside the case, only that it is very
heavy. There are two Model 411 expansions boxes, One has a Seagate ST1480N hard drive.
The other has CDROM drive - it's the type where the cdrom is put into a carrier and then inserted.
It has one cdrom carrier and a cdrom hand marked Solaris 8.0.
There's also the Model GDM-1662B monitor. Very Very heavy.

There are a bunch of SCSI cables, RS232 Cables and the special cable that goes from the computer
to the monitor. There is also a keyboard - but the keyboard to computer cable is missing.

I know nothing about the system. I doubt if it even works.

Just hoping someone here will save it ot least can user some of the parts.

I will NOT ship anything.
Local pickup only.

I live in Smithville, NJ, about 5 miles north of Atlantic city.

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ

If nobody else is interested, and you’re willing to wait a little bit, I can pick it up on my way up to the VCF museum next time that I go.

Thanks!
- Alex

Alex,

Shouldn't be a problem. I'll just sit it in the corner until you can pick it up.
I'll let you know if anyone else expresses an interest in it.

How often do you get up to the museum?

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ

Alex,

Sounds good. Not sure how you come up to the museum.
If you come up the NJ Parkway from south Jersey, then we can easily meet at one of the rest stops.

Otherwise, I could bring it up to the Museum. It's only about and hour's drive for me.

Just let me know when you plan your next trip.

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ

I never heard from Alex on a date he could get it, so...

This system is still available if someone wants to pick it up.

Otherwise it'll be going to the recyclers in the spring.

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ

Hi,

I can pick it up at the VCF museum, what day would it be good for you?

Bobby

The system has been claimed and will be going to a new home soon.

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ

Back