• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by NoNameNeeded

1. N

Omnibook 800 function keys

I have a Omnibook 800 and it works just fine. The only thing that doesn't work are the assignable function keys, i.e. the actual keys do work (as normal F1...F12 keys) and the FN key also works but I cannot assign any functions to key combinations like "FN+F1" etc. On one of the many driver...
  2. N

"system timer error" Phoenix Bios

I have a (somewhat rare) Siemens Scenic Mobile 500 laptop which is acting up quite a bit... The problem normally starts in Windows (95) where the cursor won't really move the way I want it to and the CPU load becomes very high for no apparent reason. When I restart the computer it takes either...
  3. N

Useable and working PCMCIA driver for DOS

I'm looking for a PCMCIA driver for DOS. I have a PCMCIA adapter card that uses a Compact Flash card as a hard drive. In Windows 95 it was properly recognized as a hard disk but in DOS it isn't. Now I've already found two drivers, one doesn't seem to be working (or do anything at all) and the...
  4. N

Siemens Nixdorf Scenic Mobile 500 hard drive?

I just received an allegedly "fully working" Siemens Nixdorf Scenic Mobile 500 laptop (1997). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to recognize the hard drive (if there IS a hard drive inside, which should be the case) So I wanted to check whether there is a hard drive or what's wrong with it but I...
Back