• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ozzyrules

1. O

PC XT displays nothing

Well, if you hear 1 beep, then floopy boot, It seems that your mda/monitor is not working. No, you can't use a MDA with a VGA monitor without converters... but you can use a ISA 16-bit VGA card. Some Trident/Cirrus Logic/Acumos/Realtek VGA cards can work on XT 8-bit slot. Just check that the "16...
  2. O

Diagnosing sick Turbo XT clone board

Well...my XT motherboard has a jumper to switch between NEC / INTEL CPU. So it switch cpu divider 2/3. With 30mhz crystal i can run a 8088@10mhz or my NEC D70108HCZ-16 at 15mhz. Not much ISA cards support that, but that's another history. That's why i prefer to do all troubleshooting without...
  3. O

Diagnosing sick Turbo XT clone board

30mhz Crystal?. Then your V20 it's running at 15mhz in Turbo Mode. Maybe that's mother comes originally with a 8088-10 (/3 clock divider) NEC V20 can work in 12mhz with no problem, but no way at 15mhz. (ISA BUS cards start's to fail at 13-14mhz...) Well, from what you said, i think that you...
  4. O

AUVA JUKO Baby XT BXM-10

If you're going to try another BIOS, and don't have another at hand, you can try this one: https://www.phatcode.net/downloads.php?id=101 I think Nec V-20 CPU is the last thing to check, because they're tough. Even 8mhz version are running fine at 12mhz!. You tried with ONLY power and Speaker...
  5. O

10MHz battle: 286 vs NEC V30

Nice to see a comparison of branded machines. I'm going to test my xt-286 clone (im finishing some configs). But it Seems to be a little slower than yours. Maybe some memory optimization made by Tandy or memory speed. Regards
  6. O

10MHz battle: 286 vs NEC V30

Yes, i've found a XT-286 motherboard that's like a Juko XT motherboard.
  7. O

My XT-286 (WIP)

Sure. Attached Xt-286 v3.28. Date 08/25/89 from OCTEK motherboard. I've tested it on PCEM 17. It boots using a "JUKO PC CLONE" machine. I didn't find much information about this motherboard. Only this similar: http://minuszerodegrees.net/xt_clone_bios/xt_clone_bios.htm Motherboard: Hedaka...
  8. O

My XT-286 (WIP)

thanks. I've waited like 1 year on Ebay for a cheap.. (Well... $70). Then i've added the GAL and ROM BIOS.
  9. O

My XT-286 (WIP)

8 bit card pictured: "DL3508A" "F19D 112" But finally, i've used a SMC (Chip 83C69LJ) 8 bit network card, because it comes with software setup for irq/memory address.
  10. O

My XT-286 (WIP)

Hello everyone! This is my work in progress latest build. Using a "Weird? rare?" motherboard made by OCTEK (PN 890102. XT-286 Rev 1.1) It's a 286 10mhz, but with only 8bit isa, and very close to the known XT JUKO clone motherboard. No fake marketing like IBM XT-286 16bit :) No 80287 socket...
Back