• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ppo

1. P

The Zx Spectrum finally came!

I almost thought I'd never find one here, but here it is: Zx Spectrum +2 and in working order! (a rare thing for my computers). And also, the same person who sold me this had this computer? for sale and told me it was from the late 70's. I don't believe it, but maybe someone here could...
  2. P

Vintage microprocessors

I don't know if you can help me, but I'm trying to do a project that involves using a microprocessor. http://www.instructables.com/id/Smallest-Binary-Clock/ So, I'd like to know two things: What chips are microprocessors? Can I do what I was thinking with them? As this is for a school...
  3. P

Help with Machintosh

I finaly got my Powerbook working, after a year or more of trying. The problem is that now when it starts, it makes some beeps and then shows a floppy with an interrogation point on it. Any clues on what the problem might be? Thanks
  4. P

Problem with a Philips NMS

When I start the computer, I can hear some beeps from the inside of it. I can't figure out what the problem is, so I recorded it. How can I show you the sound without having to open an account on youtube?
  5. P

The motherload

Well today I stumbled upon the biggest quantity of computer related stuff I've ever seen.:wow: Among a lot of monitors, pentiums, keyboards and such, there was a commodore pc and an IBM (have no idea how old it is) and some other computers that I couldn't identify. I've found a load of...
  6. P

What linux should I install?

I know it's not vintage, but as this is the Linux section, I thought I'd give it a try. I've been trying to install windows and it seems to be almost impossible. I have a Pentium, with a 4 GB HD, circa 1995. What linux should I install?
  7. P

Another load of computers

You should know this wouldn't stay tidy for long.:D My little wooden house just became full after I brought the last computers from my old home. More work to do but finally all the computers are here. Now I have seven towers, four monitors, three microcomputers, one snes clone, 23 CPUs, 13...
  8. P

My computer collection finally on display

There's one thing I haven't said, the place where my computers are is a wooden house. I know it isn't the best thing, but I can't build something new and this was the only option. So here are some pictures:
  9. P

Ideal conditions for storing computers

I have recently got the oportunity to build an outside house in which plan to store my computers (only the most recent, the Amiga stays protected), but I have noticed that it tends to get very hot. As I'm getting out of space to store things at home, It is really necessary, but I fear for the...
  10. P

Vintage Punch Card

There's an auction on Ebay for a punch card, and I thought the description was funny, so I'll share it with you. http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Punch-Card-80-column-12-row-unpunched-/200488581883?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eae0cfafb * Whopping capacity of 80 bytes or more...
  11. P

Found on freecycle

I've found today a set of 5 old games to be given on freecycle. Supposedly, they are in their boxes with manuals in good state. Can anyone help me with the value of these games? Are they worth to pick up? The games are: - The Dig - Roberta Williams Anthology - Ages of Myst - Queen - The Eye...
  12. P

What do you use your computer for?

I mean, even if there are modern equivalents, what will you do on a vintage computer nowadays? I'm expecting something more than games.;) And please, if possible post pictures. To start, here I'm making an animation with Deluxe Paint III on my Amiga 600
  13. P

Restoring a Philips MSX

I have a Philips MSX, that I found, while on a pile, waiting to be recycled. It is in a very bad state, the keyboard fell, it's broken in a few places (nothing serious) and it has a lot of scratches, but the inside is great, almost new (maybe it's the first time it was opened). How can I get...
  14. P

Unknown beeps in a 286

I've recently took a Philips AT 286 that was going to be recycled, and I have no monitor that I can connect to it. But, when I turn it on a series of beeps of varying length can be heard, so, what should be the problem?
  15. P

Please identify this computer (it is going to be recycled briefly)

There's a pile of old electronics in my school (see Thread "Recycling Contest"). Among a lot of old monitors there are these three computers - one is a generic Pentium, the other only says "Personal Computer", and finally the only one that looks vintage: Help me identifying this computer and...
Back