• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My computer collection finally on display

ppo

Experienced Member
There's one thing I haven't said, the place where my computers are is a wooden house.

I know it isn't the best thing, but I can't build something new and this was the only option.

So here are some pictures:

Attachments

• HPIM3693.jpg
    HPIM3693.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM3695.jpg
    HPIM3695.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM3698.jpg
    HPIM3698.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM3699.jpg
    HPIM3699.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM3692.jpg
    HPIM3692.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I think that looks pretty fine! Nice collection. :)

So what's wrong with a wooden house? I live in a wooden wild west house from 1912 and I like wood. It's all the pioneers had, but these days it's actually pretty exotic.

Most of our houses here in New Zealand are wooden.

Did you built this storage area (shed?) especially for your computers?

Tez

Slight cringe though, chips in polystyrene. not good from a static electricity viewpoint, especially in a dry climate. You ideally need anti-stat foam, or at least polysyrene covered in tinfoil (you can put some tissue paper over that if you want it to look less shiny!) Anything to connect all the legs together.

Nice to see things set up and viewable. Do you like it better than before? My collection is still strewn over a few areas but I imagine once I get off my keister I'd feel some sense of accomplishment if I could get them all set up for a formal viewing.

A few photos I forgot:

Are all of those chips processors?

And anyone remembers this tv?

Attachments

• HPIM3690.jpg
    HPIM3690.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM3708.jpg
    HPIM3708.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM3709.jpg
    HPIM3709.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Most of our houses here in New Zealand are wooden.

Did you built this storage area (shed?) especially for your computers?

Tez

I bought the house already made, I have only assembled it.

Slight cringe though, chips in polystyrene. not good from a static electricity viewpoint, especially in a dry climate. You ideally need anti-stat foam, or at least polysyrene covered in tinfoil (you can put some tissue paper over that if you want it to look less shiny!) Anything to connect all the legs together.

Thanks, I didn't know that, a person I know who repairs and deals with computers (not professionally) told me polystirene was good for the chips.

Nice to see things set up and viewable. Do you like it better than before? My collection is still strewn over a few areas but I imagine once I get off my keister I'd feel some sense of accomplishment if I could get them all set up for a formal viewing.

I like to collect but also to keep everything organized.

I'm realist, and I only keep what I can and have space for.

I don't want to have a house full of stuff without space to move, what's the point of having things if you don't use them?

(although if someone offered me a commodore pet or something I wouldn't say no to that)

Wow, I really like this. I just started on another room addition in my basement and I've been looking for ideas. I wanted to create a feeling a being in an outdoor workshop or ham radio shack. The exposed wood framing is nice and the wood is just rough enough for a nice rustic look. Cool wicker chair too. What kind of wood is that anyway?

Tom

Thanks, I didn't know that, a person I know who repairs and deals with computers (not professionally) told me polystirene was good for the chips.

Hi
Polystirene is NOT good for chips. You can quote
me on that any time.
Dwight

Back