• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by redjr

1. R

Midwest 3 Toshiba Laptops T1200XE T5200/100 T3200SX

I miss-posted. I should have started a new thread. My post and availability of this computer is the New England area and not the Midwest. Sorry for the mix-up.
  2. R

The T5200/100 is still for sale. I had it apart for awhile thinking I would replace the 3.5" floppy drive, due to I believe it is bad. However, Toshiba in the infinite wisdom chose to use a proprietary cable to connect the motherboard. (a special custom cable can be made and many strands of...
  3. R

New England SOL-20 Vintage Computer - Working & Beautiful Condition w/ Extras - $3,800USD

For sale is a vintage Sol-20 computer from the late 70s. I personally built this from a kit in 1978 and have been the only owner. It is in exceptional condition, dust free with hardly any amount of oxidation (mostly screws). For several years it was packed up and stored inside a dry...
  4. R

I have a T5200 I'm considering selling. It is super clean and in excellent shape as it has been stored inside in a travel case for many years. I used it in my home office years ago and the occasional time I had to travel. Hardly any signs of wear and everything appears to work - including the...
  5. R

Follow a User?

Is there a way to flag a user that you want to follow. i.e. Get an alert when they post something new - regardless of thread?
  6. R

Printing an entire thread, or selected posts ?

Does this forum software have a printable mode for a thread? If so, where is it? :)
  7. R

SOL-20 _Back to Life?

It's been awhile since my last update. I realize my solution is very custom, so I'm not sure how much interest there is for detail, outside the few Sol followers here. Not too much interest I would guess in a dual-floppy system for a computer that's 45 years old! This has got to be the only...
  8. R

SOL-20 _Back to Life?

That illustration is actually straight out of the Sol manual, Section 6, page 4. I tried to do my homework before posting. ;) I'm sure I could figure out the size I need with a little trial and error and guestimation. I'm not likely to find any at my local Home Depot, or hardware store...
  9. R

SOL-20 _Back to Life?

It's been a couple weeks from my last update, and will have more to share in a few days of my Sol progress. One question... Does anyone know the screw size for the 2, big knurled knobs used on the back of the Sol to hold the top cover in place? I've identified them in the parts list and...
  10. R

SOL-20 _Back to Life?

The floppy drive I found in my Slicer (that was packaged away as well), was a Mitsubishi, made in Japan model MF501A-312U. Fortunately, it was in near new condition and appears to be functioning fine. Upon closer inspection I found that it was DD/DS, so I was glad for that. It's a direct...
  11. R

SOL-20 _Back to Life?

daver2, Thanks for the help. As it turned out, most of time was spent on setting up and configuring the host computer for the serial port. I ended up having to update Windows then install an update, etc. Took too much time. Then next came the wiring of the two ended of my serial cable. I decided...
  12. R

SOL-20 _Back to Life?

It's been a while, but I've had some good progress lately amidst the Sol serial demons. :) I finally got it and another PC talking together. Success! Better yet, I kept at it tonight earlier, and was able to get PC2FLOP executed and working. I transferred the Lifeboat CP/M 2.23a and was...
  13. R

Dusting off my Processor Technology Sol-20

The only terminal app I've been semi-successful with is MobaXterm. That one at least responses to my command, but with gibberish. I can't even get TeraTerm to respond using the SOLOS TE command. I am getting a warning message when I startup TeraTerm, about SSH. So not sure if that is hindering...
Back