• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by RetroNinja

1. R

Thanks for the info. Any chance you have a cache of the VGA+Kybrd adapters? No worries if you...

Thanks for the info. Any chance you have a cache of the VGA+Kybrd adapters? No worries if you don't. Right now I'm thinking I'll order some 14pin ribbon connectors, then break out the VGA signals to a db15 and the other to a keyboard connector. Whatever I make will be a 1-off so it may be rough...
  2. R

Looking for Cubix BC 4035 A4010 info

Have you tried running one of these with an IDE2CF (or IDE2SD) adapter? I'm trying to figure some way to boot it without a monitor. I was thinking about smashing a DOS boot + LAN driver autoboot on a CF/SD card. That way I'd be able to see it on the network and possibly telnet into it.
  3. R

A couple pics...
  4. R

Hello, I have a single board computer - Cubix BC 4035 A4010 and I'm looking for information on it. I have found most of a manual at... http://www.oldcomputers.it/parts/cubix/ers/docs/sitocubix/4035-c1.htm My current big questions are * how to hook up video? The video out is a 14 pin...
  5. R

Southwest Commodore 6526B

Hello, I'm looking to buy a Commodore CIA chip for my C-128D. It needs to be a 6526B version.
  6. R

C128D capacitor question + BREAK

No argument on putting a faster 6526 in place of a slower one. But, is there an actual difference in the C128 mobo(s)? Yes, the C128D (and some late C128?) have a larger VDC; the C128D has some 1571 circuitry; maybe all C128/D had some boges over their production time. Other than that, I would...
  7. R

Am I correct in imaging all C-128 CIAs are the same? The C-128D has one soldered under the disk drive and another under the power supply. I do have an unknown state C-128 with socketed CIA chips. My plan is to install a socket in the C-128D's 'under the drive' location and swap in the C-128...
  8. R

I have tried with and without the keyboard previously, no change there. The CIA sounds like a promising lead. Initially the PC would display an error message of 'device not present' when I tried to access the built-in drive. Some thread suggested the CIA manages the communication with the...
  9. R

Thanks for the info. Granted I've only started looking but I can't seem to find the caps. Amazon lists only 50v caps, Digikey shows 10v + 50v versions. I do see a tantalum 25v.
  10. R

In 40 column C128 mode the BREAK error appears. If I press 40/80 key down then I only get a green border with a black 'main' screen, no text or Ready. But I am using the video port, not RGBI. I'm fuzzy here, will that port show 80 column? I cannot get into C64 mode. If I hold down C= and...
  11. R

Hello, I have a C-128D with a split ceramic capacitor (c32) right at ROM socket (u32). When I try to boot I get an endless 'BREAK' displayed on screen. Other threads seem to indicate this is a bad BASIC LO ROM and the error message is the PC dropping into monitor mode. Seems to make sense. I'm...
  12. R

star/like/thumbs

Is there a way to add a star/like/thumbs to a user here? I'm happy to show who's a stand-up person in case someone wants to order things from this person in the future.
  13. R

Commodore 64 PSUs

I received the c64 power ends, thanks!
  14. R

Commodore 64 PSUs

The LED showing volts is a sweet hack. Is it a one piece 'LED plus circuit' to read the voltage or are the LED and the circuit two different pieces? If all one piece, do you have a part number?
  15. R

Commodore 64 PSUs

I'm not interested in the blocks but in the C64 ends. If they are still hanging around and you're up to cutting off the power adapter (C64 side, not the wall/outlet side) and packaging them up, I'd buy them. I drank the Kool-Aid and I'm also 'scairt' to use the actual power supply.
Back