• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by s3freak

1. S

Editing posts after a while

As per title, I am wondering if you can edit some of your old posts because they become 'locked' after a while. I would like to do so for legitimate reasons, such as to delete outdated or unnecessary attachments, update picture links, make corrections, etc.
  2. S

Purchase from Ebay Seller Vintage Computer Museum

For me, I had two broken PC AT cases because of poor packaging. I bought a complete 486 desktop computer, locally in the UK, which was padded with the sides of food boxes, only for the package to be tossed about by Hermes, which ended up like this. You can clearly see it is sorry for itself...
  3. S

Trident card that thinks Colour Monitor is Monochrome

I am doing this thread in case someone Googles the above problem, where I have found workarounds. Back in October 1994, we had our first 486 PC, with a Trident 9000i, and a 14” colour monitor that has all analogue control knobs (I am sure some of you will remember them). In October 1997, the...
  4. S

Glitch Works XT-IDE rev 04 card A17 / 0xF0000 ROM Mod

I built this card in 2019, so that I could use IDE devices with my IBM 5155, fitted with both a CGA and MDA card. I also performed the 256K upper memory mod. For this mod, only full 64K blocks can be selected, which are 0xA0000-0xAFFFF, 0xC0000-0xCFFFF, 0xD0000-0xDFFFF and 0xE0000-0xEFFFF, in...
  5. S

My IBM Portable Computer 5155

I am still new to this forum, in fact this is only my third post after I had problems with my Real Time Clock, so it is about time that I started interacting a bit more. In Summer 2019, I got one of IBM's original PCs that set a trend in the computing industry, many of you will be on a modern...
  6. S

RTC ISA 8 bits (Very Low Profile)

Finally got it to work in my IBM 5155 due to a faulty SPLD! Finally got it to work in my IBM 5155 due to a faulty SPLD! I ordered one of these cards to put in my IBM 5155, where I asked for the SPLD to be programmed to port 70h. After further research, it would conflict with port 70h in an...
  7. S

Hello

Hello Everyone, I have just registered on this forum, but came across it many times on Google, etc. I had my first 486 PC in 1994, then it was a Pentium in 1998, Duron in 2000, etc. As well as my modern Xeon E5 v2, I also enjoy past PCs. I made patches for DOSBox, especially to customize the...
Back