• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by santosp

1. S

Restoring Packard Bell Legend - need help with with multiplexor IC replacement

The original component as it seen in first post photo, was manufactured from NS. A early logo of the National Semiconductor, a today subsidiary of the "Texas instruments".
  2. S

setting up a network share between windows 10 and DOS

I use your 1 proposed way for my ACL-386SX laptop. It work perfect with win10 64bit.
  3. S

Absolutely! But I believe that this does not prevent us from presenting the correct url according to today's data, so that someone can find the thread. At least that was my intend!
  4. S

https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/etherdfs-an-ethernet-drive-for-dos.57837/
  5. S

ISA VGA Card SMD Tantalum identification

A4μ7 = 4.7 microfarad C1μ0 = 1 microfarad A and C is the case type.
  6. S

RGB TFT VGA Color Panel 6-Bit to 3-Bit wiring help

For your information, the original Sharp Panel used on the Amstrad ACL-386SX laptop, have the below monitor interface. Now I suppose that you know where to connect the "data enable" signal. :)
  7. S

Southern Europe VLSI VL82C106-FC

I want to buy 1 piece from this ic as a replacement of a partially damaged. (Defect in parallel port.) Thank you.
  8. S

Amstrad ACL-386SX laptop computer.

Complementary.. The Battery Battery in this model it huge, internal, with capacity 5000 mAh, versus the smaller, externally detachable, with capacity of 2500mAh, at the monochrome model. I think that this happen mainly because of the new color TFT screen with which it is equipped. So the...
  9. S

Part Three HDD & Floppy Disk. One more difference here versus the monochrome model was the HDD. ACL-386 was coming with a Conner CP30104 type HDD, with 19ms average seek (very fast for 1992) and 120 MB capacity. I don't know if some from the owners of this laptop they would have the luxury to...
  10. S

The rest of pictures...
  11. S

Part two Rubycon RPS-1205 PSU As every computer a Power Supply Unit exist ever! Here Amstrad trusted the Rubycon corp. I must to note here that even if in the past have repair many electronic devices, first time in my life (I am 50 now) see an exclusive manufacturer of capacitors to make...
  12. S

Thank you Alex, :) I really don't know. The reason who I share these info (they will follow more) is because this specific "color" model is a very rare laptop PC, and the information is minimal if not non-existent, anyywhere on the web.
  13. S

Hi, I would like to introduce the internal mainboard which is a totally redesign "all in one" mainboard, in relation with its monochrome brother ALT-386SX. In the differences included also the main memory which here is 4 MB on board versus 1MB in monochrome model, which can increase at 6MB if...
  14. S

Amstrad ALT386-SX service manual needed

https://archive.org/details/manual_ALT286_SM_AMSTRAD_EN
  15. S

Amstrad ACL-386 LCD display problem

@piksar The replacement part according an old datasheet from SHARP is this one. SHARP sell this as a single part, using to manufacture it perfect matched fluorescent lamps. But I am sure that is better to proceed with a brand new one TFT panel (if you can), like rimmeruk member did, in another...
Back