• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by snclucas

1. S

Apple ][c keyboard re-arraangement

Hi, I have an apple 2c with a french keyboard arrangement and I would prefer the QWERTY arrangement. I know you can press the button on the top to essentially switch it back to QWERTY but I was wondering if I can just replace a ROM and physically re-arrange the keys to QWERTY?
  2. S

Just paid for my first BBC Micro computer!

I grew up in the UK and used them when I was at school. I have only just got myself one also. I love how configurable they are and the sheer amount of tinkering to be done!
  3. S

Are computer museums 'bad'?

I think museums are vital to preserve the rarest and unmanageable hardware. However, any museums that do not allow user interactions are always very disappointing. After all, we can all google pics of whatever machine we like. There are clear examples of machines that should be preserved and not...
  4. S

Can anyone tell me what these disks are?

Thanks, OK ill attempt to preserve them all. No harm if they are already available.
  5. S

Anyone have any information/manual/specs for Micronix 80HD computer?

A colleague found this. There is info from a magazine advert but I was wondering if there were any manuals / schematics around? Cheers
  6. S

Can anyone tell me what these disks are?

Google is not bringing much up on these disks. THey are 5.25" PWKS V4.0 PC DECWIN. I found a couple of sets and was wondering if they need preserving etc. Cheers
  7. S

Smart card for Sun Ray 2

I picked up a Sun Ray 2 thin client and was wondering what smart card I can use with it? Is it only Sun Microsystems ones?
  8. S

Creating boot disk for Mac Plus using a Mac Plus?

Hi, I have a mac plus and can boot it using a SCSI2SD, is it possible to create a boot floppy disk using the Plus only? Do I just drag the system folder to a floppy? Thanks
  9. S

Who are the silicon graphics enthusiast members here?

I recently took custody of a few O2s, and this beast. I love SGI/irix but little experience.
  10. S

My collection of vintage computers

I have just come into custody of some alpha stations and have no idea how to get them booting :) will be fun to figure it out I supoose
  11. S

Help needed for Alphastation 255

Hi I inherited custody of a few Alphastation 255s and I am having an issue when trying to boot them. Regardless of whether I try to boot from the internal HD or a bootable CD-ROM, the boot process halts indefinitely at the "jumping to bootstrap code" line. Also, the keyboard lights flash (all...
  12. S

Good inventory program to keep track of my DEC parts and stuff

Hi, I have the same issue and requirements so I wrote thinglist.org. Its not good at the minute but I will be pushing changes that make it feature complete and robust soon. I can then ping you to try it out? THanks Simon
  13. S

DEC 3000 Power supply (H7883-AA) schematic

Sorry for delay. I went to boot the DEC 3000 and nothing happened, my first suspect is the PSU. I wanted to overhaul it but realized I do not know what its meant to be producing in terms of voltages etc.
  14. S

DEC 3000 Power supply (H7883-AA) schematic

Does anyone have a schematic or pinout for the DEC power supply, H7883-AA? I am trying to fix one. Thanks!
Back