• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Steven Marshall

1. S

Commodore 1084ST monitor (horizontal width problem) - looking for inductor

UPDATE: Big thanks to Hugo Holden !!!!! It was exactly as he described it. The B+ voltage was too high. It was 113V DC. Now I have set it down to 104V DC and the border looks so much better. Of course now it's trial and error to find which voltage is correct since there is no manual. 1084S...
  2. S

Ok I found one trimmer next to TDA4605 I think this is what needs adjustment. And now comes the bad news I never worked with crt, so I am totally scared. :) If someone could tell me some typical location on where to check B+ voltage that would help me a lot. Still I will work in ski gloves. ;)...
  3. S

Excellent. Thank you! I think that will do the trick. Will also inspect all of the transistors and diodes around the board something I should have already. There's really not that many of them.
  4. S

Ok I think I will go with the brute force method. :) What voltage / current rating should the series inductance be?
  5. S

Unfortunately I don't have schematic. Cheers!
  6. S

Texas instruments Watch Museum

Greetings from the other side of the Adriatic coast!
  7. S

Greetings from Glasgow, Kentucky!

Ahh the pentiums. So much memories....
  8. S

Just saying hi

Cheers!
  9. S

Greetings from Nashville TN

Greetings from the Old Continent. ;)
  10. S

Hello! I have a collection of Molar Macs

Wow I worked on macs for yrs never heard of this model. Shame on me.
  11. S

Amiga user here

Had Amiga 500 as a teen, now getting into Amiga retro scene. Fortunately started the 'retro thing' right on time in 2010's when one could grab Amiga for peanuts, which is what I did. Currently own: Amiga 500 rev6 UK version Amiga 500 rev6 New Art edition (Ball design) Amiga 1200 mint in...
  12. S

Here are the values that I have measured. I temporary desoldered the resistor and the poly cap to measure them: large_pic.jpg Just realised there's a small trimmer in there in the circuit. I wonder if it relates to the overall screen width. EDIT: the image is flipped, sorry about that. I...
Back