• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by tschak909

1. T

Setting RUBOUT key on RT-11?

Hey guys, I'm running RT-11/V4 in SIMH. Is there a way to reset the backspace key to emit a proper 0x7F delete? -Thom
  2. T

SimH throttle speeds versus actual PDP-11 systems?

Has somebody put together notes or a table on matching throttle speeds to approximate CPU speeds of DEC systems for SimH? I know it's not exact, but am curious as to just how accurate we can get? -Thom
  3. T

COIN-OP CENTIPEDE! Demonstrating Atari's in-house development tools!

In this #retrocomputing #archaeology series video, we show how the tools at #ATARI coin-op worked, in-context. We modify Centipede, assemble, link, and create new EPROMs with our changes. #retrogaming #gamedev
  4. T

DEC 6502 Cross-assembly

In this RE-RECORDED #retrocomputing #archaeology series video, we show how the tools at #ATARI coin-op worked, in-context. We modify Centipede, assemble, link, and create new EPROMs with our changes. #retrogaming #gamedev
  5. T

DEC 6502 Cross-assembly

Demo video:
  6. T

DEC 6502 Cross-assembly

@Al Kossow welp, something actually came of this :) Thank you. :) As it turned out, I was able to build the assemblers, and their linker, and combine it with the centipede coin-op in the historicalsource github repo, and was able to build identical roms to production units. :) Thanks to Jim...
  7. T

DEC 6502 Cross-assembly

_WOW_ these were the macros that were used in coin-op! I never thought I'd see these! Thanks! :) -Thom
  8. T

DEC 6502 Cross-assembly

necro-bump, I am also looking for either a macro set or a cross-assembler for 6502 that runs on e.g. RT-11, as well...
  9. T

Earliest known copies of 86-DOS...

To boot this, you need a system with: SCP 8086 CPU card SCP 8086 CPU Support card (the console serial port is also on this card) at least 48K of RAM A Cromemco 4FDC (or 16 or 64) with the RDOS EPROM disabled. Set up for 3740 format single density At least one compatible disk drive. -Thom
  10. T

FWIW, the '$' as string terminator for output goes all the way back to operating system code on the PDP-6, which made its way into OS/8 on the PDP-8, which, CP/M imitated much of its behavior..so.... -Thom
  11. T

Yes. It is there. I show it in the (%#@%)#@ video. :) see here: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/earliest-known-copies-of-86-dos.1246146/post-1359158 I swear, it's like people refuse to listen or read, or something. :) -Thom
  12. T

Precisely. and 86-DOS/PC-DOS/MS-DOS was substantially cheaper for a system vendor to license.
  13. T

For us, it definitely is. But there is this persistent (like herpes) anecdote that 86-DOS stole code from CP/M. Even after being cited in multiple reverse engineering court cases over the last 40+ years... ...even after having BOTH 86-DOS _AND_ CP/M 2.2 ON #@(%$#@)% GITHUB... ...where you can...
  14. T

I should have addressed this in the video. darn :) -Thom
  15. T

I have made an in-depth video showing how 86-DOS was used in context, in this case, to port a piece of Z80 code to 8086, and getting it from CP/M into 86-DOS to run. It shows the compatible API choices that allow this to happen with nothing more than an instruction translation, and spends a bit...
Back