• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by unklstewy

1. unklstewy

Zilog System 8000

Some changes in my daily routines has led me to part with the System 8000 in a partially restored state. However I have put it into good hands. Usagi Electric has the machine now. -Casey
  2. unklstewy

Zilog System 8000

@duewix Thanks for the barter opportunity, your UpSquared systems are on the way, I sent them 2 day priority. -Casey
  3. unklstewy

Another FedEx Casualty, needs new-ish CRT

Well, there was a silver lining today at least, my Nabu PC showed up in perfect shape. -Casey
  4. unklstewy

Done, I was pretty sure I did that already, I suppose I didn't click save.
  5. unklstewy

I am located in Charlotte, NC. Halfway to anywhere on in the east, lol.
  6. unklstewy

Previously, I worked for a systems engineering firm and we packed everything in expanding foam. I would just buy a few from the shipping department. When can't get my hands on the packets I cheat, I use thermal seal bags and expanding foam in a can. It isn't the cleanest way of doing it...
  7. unklstewy

10/10 I should have known better, but all of the Model 3's listed locally were priced at or above 550.00. I bought the ebay unit for $200. Although it's probably a wash once I repair the bezel, clean out the surface rust on the shielding and buy a new CRT. Lessons learned. -Casey
  8. unklstewy

Normally, I agree with you. UPS did a number on my Zilog S8000 M20 shipment as well, also 8n dispute. I tend to drive up to 220 miles or so for local pickups if I can, but wasn't an option for the mini-computer or the Model 3
  9. unklstewy

Picture 1 was meant to show that despite all of the bubble wrap that the box must have been dropped because it crushed all of the corrugated fins in the bottom of the box and almost pushed through.
  10. unklstewy

The packing job was actually better than most. It was cocooned in 1/2" diameter bubble wrap and the sides padded with additional folds of 3 layers of bubble wrap. Unfortunately, there weren't any additional precautions taken internally to the Model 3. I try to use expanding foam packets when...
  11. unklstewy

Good Morning, I thought I would share my latest casualty and put out a request for a new to me at least RCA 12VCLP4 CRT. I purchased a Model III 26-1062 via an ebay auction. In the Auction photos the CRT was intact. It was only missing the 'C' keycap. I needed a CRT for another Model III so...
  12. unklstewy

Zilog System 8000

Sweet, looking forward to the DM! Thanks for the hookup! -Casey
  13. unklstewy

Looking for a Teletype Model 33 ASCII Terminal and punch tape reader. Also any Zilog S8000 M20...

Looking for a Teletype Model 33 ASCII Terminal and punch tape reader. Also any Zilog S8000 M20 parts.
  14. unklstewy

IoT Systems Engineer, but mostly a systems engineer with a Nerd love for all things vintage...

IoT Systems Engineer, but mostly a systems engineer with a Nerd love for all things vintage computing and communications related. From Teletypes to ANSI Terminals and more.
  15. unklstewy

Zilog System 8000

@Al Kossow and All: BTW: After some googling around I found this excellent reference collection on a german site. Oliver Lhemann's Excellent S8000 and P8000 Research Page. http://www.pofo.de/S8000/ The user has created some great modern drawings of the schematics for the Central Processing...
Back