• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by WaveyDipole

1. W

Resetting a Tektronix 4051

Thats an interesting idea. The 12x18 is somewhat more from Amazon UK at 23.38GBP Funnily enough I was thinking about making one maybe out of wood or hardboard, but these go well with the Tek grey. I might have a look around the thrift or craft shops. They often sell similar boards. Tom, I would...
  2. W

Jos, thank you for your PM, taking the time to have a look and willingness to help us out. Monty, thank you also for checking out pricing and being willing to help out with shipping to the UK. I have now replied to the PM from Jos and indicated that I will take him up on his kind offer. I am, of...
  3. W

Ooh, well spotted! Thank you. I did contact Jos and he says he has a 4052 keyboard that he is using for spares but wasn't sure whether the keys are the same so I just replied that I would send photos and measurements is he wanted. However, if you have been able to put in an M6-0100 in place of...
  4. W

I was just trying out that reset button on the MaxiRom cartridge (mine does already seem to have one) and it does indeed work. Unfortunately while trying to reach it, I pushed forward the stull that was on top of the 4051 and something heavy fell on the keyboard. To my annoyance (with self), I...
  5. W

Using f9dasm to decompile 4051 cartridge code

Dave, thanks. Yes that does make sense and I appreciate the clarification as to what 'pseudo' means in this instance. I did wonder whether it something like that and whether certain memory locations were used for multiple purposes as in your explanation of REGISTER13 vs DIMSUBSCRIP as well as...
  6. W

Michael Cranford's document seems to have duplicate entries, for example: REGISTER12 0H00018 PSEUDO REGISTER 12 INTEGERTWO 0H00018 INTEGER WORKING STORAGE Both of these refer to the same memory address but have different description. A similar thing happens here: REGISTER03...
  7. W

I have started working on dis-assembling the Binary Program Loader ROM in an effort to better understand how the binary file format works and am using the 4051 Assembler documentation (document 062-7456-01) to reference the entry points, but, the table is organised by symbol name which means...
  8. W

The author has now fixed the issue with the operation of the .info file in f9dasm and has now released version 1.82. The flags now seem to work as expected on both the command line and when used in the info file. I now have the option of two good 6800 dis-assemblers on the PC as well as the...
  9. W

Monty. Ah! So that was it. I looked at the memory map and saw ROMs are at 8000 and used that as the starting point. The address 8600 makes sense as 8780 - 87FF is for peripheral control. Cartridges sit above that in the space for Switchable Bank. Would the the section at 8000 - 877F perhaps be...
  10. W

I did look at disx4.txt, but I didn't read far enough. Mea culpa. I literally needed to scroll down to the next section! I do get the vi paradigm and should have realised there would some further commands, although I didn't "catch on" to the interactive nature of the program. I had a little...
  11. W

Well the good news is that the author has issued a fix for f9dasm and `-begin` and `-end` now work as expected from the command line. Not quite working from an info file yet though. Bruce, in the meantime I also downloaded, compiled and tried your disx but I ran into a little difficulty: $...
  12. W

Thank you for all the information. Daver2, thats a fair point. The version I am using is from here: https://github.com/Arakula/f9dasm It doesn't appear to have been updated in a while but a list of options is produced with: ./f9dasm --help The options are also described in the README and...
  13. W

I am trying to use f9dasm to decompile code from a 4051 cartridge. The code is in a file in binary format that can be loaded and veiwed in a hex editor. Since cartridges load at address 8000, I have used the -offset parameter to specify that as the start address. I want to decompile code between...
  14. W

Tektronix 4050 GPIB Flash Drive - now available

I understand the necessity of buffering when writing to tape because the tape drive writes in 256-byte blocks. As described in the pages above, this leaves the problem of the data in the last buffer load to deal with. The flash drive does a byte-by-byte read from the GPIB bus and writes each...
  15. W

Tektronix 4050 GPIB Flash Drive - now available

Thanks for the tests. Glad they worked Ok. Since a CLOSE causes the FF to be added to the end of the data in the file, I was wondering whether to move the code that adds the FF and padding of the last block to 256-bytes from BSAVE to the close function? That way, both binary and text files will...
Back