• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by WaveyDipole

1. W

Tektronix 4050 GPIB Flash Drive - now available

I understand the necessity of buffering when writing to tape because the tape drive writes in 256-byte blocks. As described in the pages above, this leaves the problem of the data in the last buffer load to deal with. The flash drive does a byte-by-byte read from the GPIB bus and writes each...
  2. W

Thanks for the tests. Glad they worked Ok. Since a CLOSE causes the FF to be added to the end of the data in the file, I was wondering whether to move the code that adds the FF and padding of the last block to 256-bytes from BSAVE to the close function? That way, both binary and text files will...
  3. W

Ok, I have updated BSAVE to round the file length to the nearest 256-byte block. A test to load a program and BSAVE it to a new file, then load it again with BOLD was successful. A call to BAPPEN to append the saved file to an existing program also worked. I have attached the resulting binary...
  4. W

I take your point and it should be quite straightforward to add something in to BSAVE to pad the end of the file so that its length is exactly in 256-byte blocks and keep things consistent. I will experiment and post an update later.
  5. W

No, I haven't looked at BSAVE yet nor at CLOSE from that point of view. For existing files saved with BSAVE on the flash drive, when BOLD/BAPPEN are called, the routine will send the data, then an FF, then pad the rest up to the 256-byte boundary, emulating what the 4924 would have sent. This...
  6. W

Excellent news! I am glad that the Opt30Demo programs will now load. I am looking forward to hearing from Tom Stepleton as to whether he was able to run them without hiccups. Some of the graphics he posted earlier were great and probably not seen by anyone for many years. I had pondered over...
  7. W

Ok, I have modified the code and checked for all instances where the CLOSE command handler is called and replaced them with a call to a new closeFile() function. This function contains the necessary instructions to close the file and clear the filename buffer, but does not read a parameter from...
  8. W

I have done some tests here as well and can confirm the odd behaviour of version 0.05.81. I ran the images program from the Pictures directory and got the same weird effect on the menu. Only every other menu item appeared. Reverting back to 0.05.80 got rid of the problem, but I didn't test BOLD...
  9. W

I am not sure what is going on there, but if you reverted back to the previous code, things should have reverted back to to the previous state of operation. I am just downloading the files you sent to have a look at.
  10. W

Good point. Yes, that difference is still present. Also, in both cases, the EOI is issued, not during the ATN asserted period, but just after it. The CLOSE command function would have finished at this point. The flash drive would then drop to a mode where it will be listening out for the next...
  11. W

Thank you for the confirmation as well as the additional traces. The waveforms for BOLD and BAPPEN appear to be identical, and these in turn, appear to be the same as the ones from the 4924, although I have yet to complete my study the waveforms in full detail. The curious thing now is that I...
  12. W

Thank you for the detailed analysis. These screenshots make sense now. I am still looking over the data. That clarifies why you were having difficulty with the 4924 and shows the flash drive was causing the problems while connected to the bus at the same time. Can I confirm that the flash...
  13. W

Is it possible to get a trace with ONLY the 4924 connected? When I looked at the second screenshot (4924BOLE BOLD), I noticed that during the UNT+UNL and then the CLOSE command, that the status of NDAC is remains unchanged, in other words, no 3-way handshake. Immediately after CLOSE, when ATN...
  14. W

Monty, when you did the test with the 4924, was the Flash drive also connected to the GPIB bus or not?
  15. W

Thank you for the detailed information. I don't have Excel, but can read Excel files using LibreOffice and having the complete data to scroll through has been very useful as has the ZIP file containing all of the data and screenshots. It looks like we have made some progress with that last...