• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by wdatkinson

1. W

Subscription Emails

I am subscribed to the for sale and wanted forums. I only receive emails from the wanted forum. I've checked my SPAM and have even switched email accounts but no joy. I've also reviewed my settings on the forum control panel and everything appears ok. Any suggestions?
  2. W

Model 4 Non-GA Garbage at power on

My apologies to @David Multimer as I missed his reply..... Got back down to the shack this morning and pulled the NOP and replaced the original Z80. I still get garbage on start-up: However, upon initial power-on it seemed that the garage was moving around the screen a bit. This repeats on...
  3. W

Progress? U56 socket pin 8 is 4.7VDC and 6,4 and 2 are all 0VDC. Bad 74LS244 in U56? Not sure I have one on hand, but will poke around......
  4. W

Here you go. As it sits, I have 3.3xVDC on pins 1-8 of U68, U69 and U70. I'm going to pull U56 and re-test.
  5. W

Nop: a6: a7:
  6. W

She was pretty crusty: And way out of spec: Let me scrounge around and see what I have in stock.
  7. W

New to me unit. Was hand delivered, not shipped. Reported to have worked fine prior to boxing it up. I picked it up yesterday and drove home. Unboxed this evening and set it up on a desk. Upon power on, I see the following: Subsequent power ones result in similar behavior. Every now and...
  8. W

Motorola MDT 9100 Series Computer

My "company" car in the late 90's: Before that, it was steno pads and rubber bands. I've actually been looking for a well equipped 9100-T myself...
  9. W

Tandy 1000EX - 256K - No Floppy Drive

I have a very nice Tandy 1000EX computer that has had the floppy drive removed. It has the stock 256K of memory. The computer itself has next to no yellowing. I even have the original box, which is quite yellow and some of the original manuals. I bought it as part of a bigger lot. Make me...
  10. W

Looking for some guidance on picking up a IIgs

I've been thinking for a while now that I'd like to obtain a decent IIgs system. The Apple II series was popular when I was in middle school. At that time, I was chugging away on my TI99/4a or my Commodore 64. As a result I'm not versed in the various options I'm finding online. For...
  11. W

WTB: 8-bit Clock Card for use in a Tandy 1000TX

Looking for an 8-bit clock card that I can throw in my 1000TX to avoid having to type the date/time every boot. I have't seen one of them in years and hoping I might get lucky here.
  12. W

Old-school BBS and Shareware

Back in the day I was a FidoNet BBS SysOp. Man, I miss those days. We did with computers and modems basically what the internet does with IP addressess. Anyway, I was digging through my garage, and found a couple of CD's full of shareware that I used to have on my BBS. That gave me the...
  13. W

Wanted: 386 Class Laptop

Preferably with some sort of hard drive. Need a minimum of 640K RAM, so I can load DOS. I think that's about it. Battery life is not important so long as I can plug it in. This laptop will be used to program older Motorola radios that cannot be programmed with todays (even yesterday's)...
  14. W

Magazines Wanted

Compute! and/or RUN Magazines for the Commodore 64/128.
  15. W

Amiga A-500 & Extras

Serial #226165 Good condition. Case is showing some yellowing. I bought this off of ebay some time ago. I'd never done anything with an Amiga, and was curious. Unfortunately, I've never gotten around to learning much about it. It does power on, and I have booted some of the software that...
Back