• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wreck's latest activity

• W
    Hello, My trustworthy 3032 developed several hiccups over the past months. Suddenly it wouldn't start, only with the help of the PET...
  • W
    Wreck replied to the thread CBM 3040 Repair.
    I was able to trace the machine back to his original owner; a certain Boris Eelzebub, it appears. I put in the replacement 901466-02...
  • W
    I was able to burn the 2732 from $C00 to $FFF, but no difference (actually it is worse now, as the drive motors won´t spin up at all)...
  • W
    Thanks Dave! I will try this afternoon. I am using an old GalepIII with software running under WIN98. Joe
  • W
    Just out of curiosity; in a German service manual of the CBM the first troubleshooting step is to check the multiplexers (UD3/UE3/UF3)...
  • W
    I am relieved regarding the capacitors. Regarding the 2732, I only programmed it once (so probably a mistake on my side), so I will try...
    • 1713778571138.png
  • W
    So to start with, I am building a simple NOP tester as follows (6502) Pin 33, 31, 29 to 21 (GND) and Pin 32, 30, 28, 27, 26 to 8 (Vcc)...
  • W
    I have, essentially, used the following adapter, made by PCBWay. There is a difference in the (decoupling) capacitors used; Ruud...
    • 1713766495112.png
  • W
    OK So I found some time and went on to continue with the CBM3040 troubleshooting. The RRIOT adaptor arrived from PCBWay yesterday, so I...
  • W
    Unfortunately, I have very little time for my projects nowadays, but a small update; I made the little adapters to read the 2332 ROMs...
  • W
    Thinking about reading the ROMs, am I correct as follows; 2332ROM(901468-06)--->adaptor(2332-2732)--->read in EPROM Programmer This...
  • W
    well spotted, absolutely :) 30 PRINT E,E$, T, S
  • W
    OK so not much to do today, except that the CBM3032 developed a hiccup with the RAM, so had to drop in a PET ROM/RAM board. Also punched...
  • W
    Happy Easter! Slowly having some success with programming the EPROMs; by using my old Galep III with old software I am able to burn...
  • W
    I guess the only way to find out is to check the other ROMs. For now I need to consider acquiring a reliable EPROM programmer. Either...
Back