• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by x86

1. X

Trouble pairing a CGA monitor with an Orchid dual card

I already tried 10 possibilities before posting this thread. Also, I don't always trust the listings of recyclers who tend to only care about scrap recovery and selling to businesses at inflated markup. According to the links, the Orchid Designer dual series should handle monochrome, CGA, EGA...
  2. X

Thank you for trying, but that's exactly the same information as the link in my original post. I reiterate, that card is not the same as mine. For example, the video outputs are switched, there's an extra jumper on my card, and the dip switches behave differently. Since forums tend to be a...
  3. X

I am trying to get an Orchid Designer 800 dual VGA/EGA 8-bit ISA card (closest card I could find) to work with a CGA/EGA monitor (Casper HD-55). I can't seem to find any information on either of these. The card is based off of a Tseng Labs ET3000 chipset, similar board layout to the link above...
  4. X

Trouble pairing a Casper CGA/EGA monitor with an Orchid VGA/EGA card

Does anyone have the jumper settings or diagram for the Orchid Designer 800 VGA card? It's an 8-bit ISA VGA/EGA combo card based off of the Tseng Labs ET3000 chipset. I cannot find the documentation on this card, though I did find more information 2-3 years ago. The closest of kin to this card...
  5. X

XT-286 for sale

Here is the link to my auction of an IBM Model 5162 XT-286. Read all about it! :-D http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170393607475
  6. X

Which would you choose?

I have a question about a system trade that I will do very soon. I was hoping to get an opinion from people with more experience than myself. I have a pristine, museum display-quality Epson Equity LT portable computer from c. 1987. It is an Intel 8088-based system, with working hard drive and...
Back