• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Bell and Howell Apple II

Years ago at a thrift store I picked up a Bell and Howell Apple II (the dark grey one) at a thrift store (I think I paid around $5 for it). No floppy drives, just the machine itself. I think all of the cards except for the motherboard are missing. My question is, were the internals of these...
  2. F

Floppy Disk Recovery Techniques?

Sorry for the somewhat vague title -- I looked around briefly and hope this hasn't been covered before. I am slowly watching my collection of old floppies die. They are all stored inside at room temperature in giant plastic disk boxes, but despite that, every few months when I go back and look...
  3. F

You Don't Know Flack (Podcast)

So, somehow this forum fell off my radar in 2006 and I just rediscovered it today. Talk about a total time warp! Between then and now I started "You Don't Know Flack," a podcast that covers "retrogaming, retrocomputing, and other technology and gadget-related topics, from a guy who was there...
  4. F

Kraft Joystick (C64/Atari)

I am searching for a Kraft Joystick for the C64. Below is a picture of the model I am looking for. I have read that they also came in black with a red button, probably made to look more like an Atari joystick. The color's not important to me -- I just want another working one!! There is one on...
  5. F

Chicago C64 Expo - September 30, 2006

I didn't see a forum dedicated to events and gatherings -- if this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I found this post on another forum and immediately thought some of the guys here might be interested in attending this event. "While primarily an 8-bit Commodore event, you're welcome to show...
  6. F

Commodork: Sordid Tales from a BBS Junkie

My new book Commodork: Sordid Tales from a BBS Junkie is now available. The book is a collection of my own personal experiences that took place during the classic bulletin board era. After a brief introduction that romps through my TRS-80 Model III and Apple II years, the book takes you through...
  7. F

My Collection(s)

As I stated in my introduction thread, I mainly collect three different things: computers, videogames, and arcade games. Since it's a slow day at work I thought I'd type up a quick post, describing each of these three collections. Computers (currently owned): Atari 800 Apple IIe (x3, including...
  8. F

Greetings programs!

Greeetings! My name is Rob, but I go by Flack online. Like many of you, I've been a fan of retro computers since before they were considered retro. I was born in '73, and we got our first computer (a TRS-80 Model III) in the fall of 1980. In the mid 80's my parents owned a computer store for a...
Back