• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Gateway Handbook 486DX-40 with accessories

Gateway 2000 Handbook 486 HB486DX2-40 Mini Laptop With Accessories This is an excellent condition, operationally restored, Gateway 2000 Handbook HB486DX2-40 laptop. The computer is fully functional, the bios are version 1.25 (latest), and the hard drive is loaded with DOS 6.22 and Windows...
  2. J

Gateway Handbook 486 Parts

I've decided to sell off my collection of Four (4) Gateway Handbook 486DX-40 computers. Here's what I can supply as parts: Qty 3 - 130MB hard drives loaded with DOS 6.22 and Gateway PCMCIA drivers Qty 3 - battery packs for rebuilding - do not hold a charge Qty 3 - working displays (with...
  3. J

PCMCIA ATA Drive Cross-Platform Question

I am trying to move files between a current Windows 7 computer and a vintage Gateway Handbook 486 using a CF card in a PCMCIA adapter. This is what I am encountering: 1. Install the PCMCIA/CF card in the Gateway Handbook. 2. Initialize the card using ATAINIT and format. 3. Copy files from...
  4. J

Gateway Handbook 486 Mystery - Help!

This is very strange - almost bizarre, but true nonetheless... I recently purchased 4 of these computers from various sources. With 3 of the 4 computers, the following keyboard keys do not function: SPACEBAR, ESC, F2, F4, F6, F8, F10, DEL, DOWN ARROW, LEFT ARROW This would indicate that there...
  5. J

FS: 2 Gateway 2000 Handbook 486 HB4DX2-40 Mini Laptops

2 Gateway 2000 Handbook 486 HB486DX2-40 Mini Laptops Please read carefully: This is a package of two computers, one AC adapter, and two battery packs that will not hold a charge. No other accessories are included. Both computers POST with version 1.25 bios (latest) and boot to DOS 6.22...
  6. J

Project Request : Gateway Handbook 486

All, I acquired a Gateway Handbook 486 for a project, and I'm at a roadblock. I'm trying to replace the HDD with a CF but cannot get the CF to boot. Since I do not have a FDD for this computer, I built the MS-DOS 6.22 boot system on the CF using another computer. I can boot on the system...
Back