• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. fjkraan

Looking for TMS7000 assembler

No doubt you've seen the data at http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/components/gi/_dataBooks/1982_GI_Microelectronics_Data_Catalog.pdf. It seems the SPR000 is a processor and the SFD2000 the evaluation board with the processor and SP0256. What you are looking for is the "Speech Field...
  2. fjkraan

Yes, I am interested in the DAISY256 board, but the overseas option is probably best for me. And a fun reason to play with the SPO256. Do you have a reliable source? There appear to be counterfeit for this chip. Greetings, Fred Jan
  3. fjkraan

E&L MT-80Z (The Fox) trainer board variants

There appear to be at least three versions of the MT-80Z; a board next to a modified MFP-I MicroProfessor board, an integrated board with most MPF-I components still in place, and an integrated board with the MPF-I components re-arranged. The latter is destined 'MT-80AZ The Fox II'. All appear...
  4. fjkraan

Any way to use hex/rom files on a Epson PX-8?

Hi Theancientone, These ROM files, both hex and bin are images with a 32kbyte file system. AFAIK, there is no program or script to copy the files in the image to a PC directory. It is not hard to make, it is just not very often needed. Your options are a FILINK transfer (program on the Util...
  5. fjkraan

@NobodyIsHere: Thanks for the link. The project is somewhat confusing, as it describes a CTS256 processor based device, but the eprom.asm file contains TMS7000 code and a link to the AS macro & cross assembler source (http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/as/). Is the CTS256 a TMS7k application...
  6. fjkraan

Hi, Anyone aware of a TMS7000 assembler that uses the syntax of the original Texas Instruments Assembler? The syntax is well described in the 1989_TI_TMS7000_Family_Data_Manual (original at bitsavers, and a version with bookmarks or proper page numbers at...
  7. fjkraan

TMS7000 development systems

Thanks for the pointer, the TMS3556 looks like a neat chip and still available 2nd hand. Two boards are designed and ordered so far; a CPU-memory board (RAM&ROM) with the serial port, six 7-segment LED displays & 32 keys pcb. The plan is to create a simple serial monitor for the base board...
  8. fjkraan

Epson PX-8 Oval Display Adaptor

Congratulations! It is exiting when someone can reproduce something I cobbled together. Greetings, Fred Jan
  9. fjkraan

Most of the documents are scanned and available at https://electrickery.nl/comp/tms7k/doc. The main page is still incomplete. Greetings, Fred Jan
  10. fjkraan

Hi jbdigriz, Thanks for the response and the pointers, I will investigate those. For scanning, I'll start with the stuff not found elsewhere. In the mean time I only managed to start up the Evaluation Module (it works!) and dump its ROMs (included here as I didn't create a page for this...
  11. fjkraan

new PDP QBUS panel project

Before I decided to use the PX0-600, I was thinking about using a 2457600 Hz crystal and a 74HC4060, divide by 8192 to 300 Hz. Then a selectable division by 5 or 6 (could be a 7490) to get 60 or 50 Hz. Would have been an option for the second version of the LTC board which never happened. Fred Jan
  12. fjkraan

new PDP QBUS panel project

Some info (text, no diagram) can be found in this document, page 1-5: EK-MIC11-TM-002_MicroPDP11_Systems_Technical_Manual_Sep85.pdf. The schematic referred above was derived (IIRC) from a PDP-11/03 schematic which I redrew in KiCAD with added the PX0-600 part. I use an ATX-power supply, so the...
  13. fjkraan

Today the new board started working when I got all pins properly inserted in the sockets. It still needs the fix for the 7.11A firmware, but that is minor. More news planned at https://hackaday.io/project/194159-re-ud-80-a-larger-display-for-epson-px-4-px-8
  14. fjkraan

Recently I could borrow documentation on the TMS7000 microprocessors and MCU's and related development systems. I intend to scan most of it, as I so far could not find much on the internet. If someone found anything, I could try to avoid duplicate work. Most of the titles: TMS7000 TMS7000...
  15. fjkraan

Components are in, the boards are routed and ordered. Expect them in some weeks. @Crashedfiesta: can you make a photo showing the front of the original UD-80? It would look nice on a hackaday project page I am preparing.
  16. fjkraan

That is the gray-level composite output using a RCA-plug. The EF9345 has RGB outputs (via the 6-pin DIN connector) but I am not sure color is usable from the PX-8 or PX-4. Maybe via escape codes? Lacking the manual, the only way to find out is disassembling the firmware. Another interesting...
  17. fjkraan

Here a virtual christmas present of how the replica pcb could look. I'll wait with routing until the DIN chassis connectors arrive for the proper dimensions before making the PCB design. This is the time for remarks or suggestions; I'm thinking to replace the 8-pin DIN with a 9-pin Dsub and...
  18. fjkraan

The board wasn't quite stable, it just stopped working without me helping. The EPROM probably didn't like its /PGM pin being tied low. With a new EPROM I managed to come closer to a working external screen for the PX-8 (and later the PX-4). The info in what happened in more detail is at...
  19. fjkraan

After numerous bugs and corrections an screen page emerged. If it is stable, it is time to hook up a serial link to the PX-8 and get it in FILINK mode for the drivers. Fred Jan
  20. fjkraan

Extra New Clock 80 and Orcestra 90 for Model III/4 boards

About a year ago I wanted a NewClock-80 and reverse engineered the schema from the photo's on Pascal's site. The schema appears to be complete, but I lost interest before the board layout was made. This is for the Model 1, but changing the connector and adding the EXTIOSEL signal (one extra...
Back