• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

Tandy 1110hd dead display?

Perhaps I should make something clear. This laptop runs an NEC v20 cpu (think 80186 processor in an 8088 pin compatible package). It also does not have any kind of backlight. As I said, think large fancy watch lcd. This video shows the tandy 1100fd (same laptop, just a bit slower and no...
  2. H

Tandy 1110hd dead display?

I just picked up for cheap an old Tandy 1110hd but the display is dead. The laptop powers up and beeps(twice quickly), clearly with an error code of some sort. I can also hear the hard drive (all 20mb of it) spin up and it sounds normal and healthy. Pressing enter then f1 causes the computer to...
  3. H

Grid 2270 power cable help.

I misplaced my Grid laptop 2270's power cable. I still have the power brick. The cable looks to be a standard 8-pin din connector but I am not sure if I should try one I have just lying around from an old video card. Any suggestions. Also are there any drivers for this tablet still around? I...
  4. H

apple II scsi or ide?

Just wondering if anyone knows of a cheap place to get a scsi or ide card for a IIgs? Ebay wants $200 for an apple II scsi card. Or a homebrew IDE card would also work if such a thing exists. Thanks.
  5. H

Some of my c64 stuff. (several pictures)

Thought some people might like a look at a small part of my collection. I will be un-boxing more over the next few days. Nearly ALL of my collection came from one nice man in western Iowa. I answered a craigslist ad for 3 boxes of c64 stuff and the owner asked for around $700. I replied back...
  6. H

Hellow!

Felt I should introduce myself. My name is John Harshbarger and I was a regular on the uncreativelabs forum. Still technically a moderator/administrator there, but it is now a ghost town. I am a vintage computer enthusiast from Omaha, Ne and collect mainly ibm systems but I also have an...
  7. H

Compaq portable 286 smoked!

I decided to plug in my old Compaq portable 286 after having it in storage for 6 years. As it worked before going into storage I expected it to boot right up. But it did not. Instead it puffed out a large amount of pink / grey smoke from the psu vent. I just wonder is it worth opening up and...
  8. H

Sams computerfacts vic20 / 1541

I have sams computerfacts for both the vic20 and the 1541 drive. I just wanted to ask if 1. it was against forum rules to post these and 2. if it is OK, then is there any demand for them. I have yet to scan them but will if it is OK and wanted. I also have one for the c64 and the vic printer...
  9. H

grid 2270 graphics driver!!

I am looking for the VGA driver for a grid 2270. The same one I posted about in another thread looking for wifi advice. The chipset used is a Cirrus Logic GD6412. I gutted the computer to pull that off the chip (very simple to pull apart and put back together). The full numbers on the chip are...
  10. H

Windows 3.x and wifi?

I have an old Grid 486 tablet pc and want to get it on my network. It only has one type I/II pcmcia slot and one 9-pin serial port for expansion. The only 2 cards I have that are of the old 16-bit pcmcia type are a 3com type III card (takes the space of 2 type I/II cards) and a dlink dwl-650...
Back