• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. lucasdaytona

Pentium 4

Yes, very rare and cool for what it represented. I have a pre production motherboard and CPU kit sample from Intel, got it by surprise. Still working after all this years, being manufactured in the capacitor plague era, is a very good thing.
  2. lucasdaytona

Pentium 4

PM me, we split 50/50 of the profit hehe. Yes, I remember adverting in TV about RDRAM, crazy times. I do have a P3C-2000 MB (a board with a RDRAM chipset plus a very faulty memory translator hub that allowed the use of SDRAM, by far the most reset liking board from my computers), very bad and...
  3. lucasdaytona

Pentium 4

It's very interesting how P4 is highly disregard by a lot of people, and I agree with every argument about it. But, here in Brasil a P4 has more collecting value than a P1 or P2, outrageous right? I could sell a P4 423 RDRAM kit for $ 250 USD and people will go nuts about it. Just a MB, CPU and...
  4. lucasdaytona

Midwest WTB: PGA CPU removal tool

Same here. There's also an option of using clipper blades with large straight dents, usually found in older shaving equipment (also look for horse clipper blades). There's two parts, use the one that is bigger and straight. But I don't know if you are looking for a legit tool or just get the job...
  5. lucasdaytona

Greetings

Welcome to the forums! Here you will find people from all over the globe, also, it's a very supportive group of people.
  6. lucasdaytona

South America Looking for SCSI HD 60~300 MB

Hello, searching for any SCSI hard disk from 60 to 300 MB, to complete a 286 board, already got the controller. I got a high end 286 board and I'm looking for a working matching hard disk. Anything in the early 1990 years. 5.25 in are preferably for beauty reasons. If you got something like...
  7. lucasdaytona

XT keyboard to AT motherboard adapter ?

Hello! Did you had any luck? I found myself in the same situation as you. Got a nice XT keyboard that I'm wanting to use as my daily keyboard.
  8. lucasdaytona

Pacific Northwest More spring cleaning

That's the time I do feel a lite down for living very far away.
  9. lucasdaytona

South America Wanted : 3DFX VD2 or 3, GF2/3/4

Hello. Looking for anyone willing to part with any of this: 3DFX Voodoo 2 or 3 or even a Banshee. Could be PCI or AGP. Preferably the least expensive. This will go in a P2. Geforce 2 Pro or Ultra (even a GTS), AGP Or a GF3 or GF4. I would prefer a GF3 for system year build. This will go in a...
  10. lucasdaytona

IBM 5140 Pre Purchase Evaluation

The 5140 is here, got a good price. It's very good looking, but made my generic PS short (fortunately an intelligent one, no harm is done). It have the Serial/Parallel port adapter, but no CRT adapter. In the next week will take it apart and search for PSU problems. The plastics are in awesome...
  11. lucasdaytona

From 1965 to 1988, during the military dictatorship all the imports were forbidden. So we did have some awesome clones from everything. I have a 8088 clone that have a body that looks like a 5170 in terms of design and size.
  12. lucasdaytona

Yep. For comparasion, I'm into vintage computers since 2000s, never saw a single 5150 or 5160 around here. I hear from friends about 4 or 5 in Brasil, but only saw a single pic of a 5150 base unit. I know a guy that have a PCJr although.
  13. lucasdaytona

No, the seller doesn't seem to have basic knowledge from this period. He states the laptop came with some newer printers lot. If the screen is definitely bad, maybe I should give up. A CRT slice will be very hard and costly to find. The problem here is purely emotional, my first computer was a...
  14. lucasdaytona

Hello to everyone. I'm in the position to buy this 5140, base unit only, no power supply, maybe a bad LCD. It's a few cities away, can't have a look on it. The price is okay (around 60 USD, very good for anything from IBM around here, especially from this age). Worth the risk ? My main concern...
  15. lucasdaytona

Midwest Vintage PC Parts, systems, software and more

Do you ship to Brazil? I'm interested in the 8 bit ISA sound cards.
  16. lucasdaytona

Typewriters that acted as printers

I buy itens from Japan using proxy like this, much more cheaper and reliable. Also have the ability to buy from sellers that do not do international shipping.
  17. lucasdaytona

Mid Atlantic FREE!! — IBM PC-XT (Model 5160) with Samsung MA2575 12" Amber Monitor

I'll pay shipping to Brazil if fellow Lutiana doesn't want it anymore hehe.
  18. lucasdaytona

Do Pentium III Tualatin systems have enough power to watch .mp4 1080p content with the right video card?

I managed to get 1080p good playback with a P3 800 Coopermine, in a HTPC also. But with a Radeon AGP (Can't remember it now, will look later if you need) that could do the decoding part. The problem was with internet 1080p playback, the system didn't have the necessary speed to be able to handle...
  19. lucasdaytona

Typewriters that acted as printers

Thank you for the awesome info. I will keep looking for an electronic typewriter that prints from a PC, when I get one I will post here.
  20. lucasdaytona

Roland LAPC-1

Please post the link here, so we all can watch how much it goes... I do love the LAPC-I.
Back