• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pacific Northwest More spring cleaning

Covers: Oregon and Washington

Chuck(G)

25k Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
Lots of 3.5" IDE drives, mostly <20GB down to about 300MB. Even have a few 5.25" Bigfoot drives. If you're looking for something, let me know and I'll see if I can provide a good working unit.

Let me be clear: If none of this stuff gets claimed by May, off to the e-cyclers it goes.

This may be a long shot since they're quite a bit smaller than what you listed here, but would you happen to have a Seagate ST-506 or ST-412?

similarly, do you happen to have a ST-225N or 225?

I don't think so--the little HDs were surplused long ago. I've probably got a Priam/ATASI 100+ MB ST506-interface one kicking around--unsure of the condition.

Hi, I'd be interested in a 3.5" drive, ~10GB should be fine. I'm also looking for some spare 3.5" floppy drives if you have any, white would be ideal but anything works. Bit more of a long shot but do you have a full height 3.5" SCSI-1 drive? I'm looking for a spare for my SPARCstation 2.

Full-height 3.5" SCSI drive? I'm not even sure what that is. A 3.5" floppy is 1/3 height; some DDS tapes were 1/2 height, but I've never seen a 3.5" full-height anything.

But 3.5" IDE in <15GB, yes, I've got a bunch.

Something like this, Sun described compatible drives in the service manual as full height, but I'm not sure if it actually is. It also has the full 50pin SCSI interface, so definitely a dinosaur. On the IDE drives what price were you thinking, I'm not too far from you so shipping should only be about $10.

Something like this, Sun described compatible drives in the service manual as full height, but I'm not sure if it actually is. It also has the full 50pin SCSI interface, so definitely a dinosaur. On the IDE drives what price were you thinking, I'm not too far from you so shipping should only be about $10.
that would be correctly described as "half-height"

Yes, half-height. Most of my 3.5" SCSI drives are SCA, but I do also have the adapters for 50 pin SE. The smallest I have is 2GB.

A 2GB drive is perfect, the ROM I have only supports a root partition in the first two GB anyways. Would you be willing to part with one with a 50-pin adapter?

Since people seem to be interested in disk drives, I'll start with the 5.25" ones. All spin up and were removed (long ago) working, but have done no testing beyond that:

5.25" FH MFM (very heavy!)
Seagate ST506 - spoken for
Maxtor XT1140
Atasi 519
Quantum Q540

5.25" HH IDE
Quantum Bigfoot TX 12.0G
Quantum Bigfoot TS 8.4G (there are two of these)
Quantum Bigfoot TS 8.4G
Quantum Bigfoot CY 6.4G
Quantum Bigfoot CY 4.3G

3.5" drives (all spin up)
SCSI
Seagate ST15230WC
Seagate ST15230WC
Seagate ST15230WC
Seagate ST32272W
Seagate ST32107WC

IDE
WD Caviar 31200
WD Caviar 31200
WD Caviar 22500
WD Caviar 100BA (may have errors)
Seagate ST34342A
Maxtor 91531U3
Maxtor 92041U4
Maxtor 90640D3
Maxtor 90650U2
Maxtor 91728D8
Quantum EX64A109
Quantum LB10A101

Also have a few
Caleb UHD144 IDE-interface drives and media; will accept offers

A couple of EPROM programmers:

M2L EZ-EP parallel-port programmer, includes cable, wall wart and software (runs in MS-DOS)
Sunshine 4-gang programmer; ISA card w/cable, Includes manual and software (Runs on PC XT or AT AFAIK).

Back