• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. lucasdaytona

South America Looking for SCSI HD 60~300 MB

Hello, searching for any SCSI hard disk from 60 to 300 MB, to complete a 286 board, already got the controller. I got a high end 286 board and I'm looking for a working matching hard disk. Anything in the early 1990 years. 5.25 in are preferably for beauty reasons. If you got something like...
  2. lucasdaytona

South America Wanted : 3DFX VD2 or 3, GF2/3/4

Hello. Looking for anyone willing to part with any of this: 3DFX Voodoo 2 or 3 or even a Banshee. Could be PCI or AGP. Preferably the least expensive. This will go in a P2. Geforce 2 Pro or Ultra (even a GTS), AGP Or a GF3 or GF4. I would prefer a GF3 for system year build. This will go in a...
  3. lucasdaytona

IBM 5140 Pre Purchase Evaluation

Hello to everyone. I'm in the position to buy this 5140, base unit only, no power supply, maybe a bad LCD. It's a few cities away, can't have a look on it. The price is okay (around 60 USD, very good for anything from IBM around here, especially from this age). Worth the risk ? My main concern...
  4. lucasdaytona

GPIB IEEE 488 interface ideas for a home computer

Hello, I was organizing old boxes and I found this GPIB IEEE 488 full slot 16bit ISA adapter. Is there any home use for my computers? Here things range from XT Clones to current ones, all IBM Compatible. I have never used or worked with this interface, but the board is beautiful and I would like...
  5. lucasdaytona

South America WTB MFM/RLL cables

Hello, I'm looking for one or two sets of MFM/RLL HDD cables. Don't need to be in mint condition, even from a working setup, I only ask for not visually broken cables. Will mount on some drives here. The main problem is: The seller/donnor must be willing to ship to Brazil. If anyone could help...
  6. lucasdaytona

WTB: Backpack CD-ROM (External/Parallel Port)

Hello!I'm in need of a Backpack CD-ROM, in good shape. I need a complete system, power adapter, cables, etc.The major problem is that I'm in Brazil, and shipping is always high to me. I've seen some units in ebay, but I think it's a lot of money for an untested unit.Anyone here are willing to...
  7. lucasdaytona

Working CD-ROM in XT, controller + drive combination?

Just curious, anyone here have a working combination of a CD-ROM drive and a controller on any XT class machine? Internal or external, SCSI, IDE, or anything else. I've seen some people talking about parallel interfaces and scsi controllers, but nothing solid. Any shot? Thank you!
  8. lucasdaytona

WTB XT clone parts

Hello guys! I'm looking for some parts, I need this shipped to Brazil, payment using Paypal. 8-bit VGA card, not interested in 16 bit compatible cards, sorry xD. 5 1/4 Floppy Drive, could be 180KB or 360KB, black bezel. XT keyboard, AT-XT keyboards are fine. Any Sound Blaster or Sound Blaster...
  9. lucasdaytona

WTB 486 cpus

Hello! I have tons of 486 boards, but no cpu anymore, anyone here have 5 or 6 486 with a good price? Pm me please. Keep in mind that I'm in Brazil. Thanks! Lucas
  10. lucasdaytona

WTB Harris CS80C286-25 or a board with one.

Hello guys! Anyone here have a 25MHz Harris CS80C286-25? I'm also looking for a co-processor for this beauty. A board with both is good too. Thank you!
  11. lucasdaytona

Wanted: PT-BR software, MS-DOS, etc.

Hello! Anyone here have any 8088 (or even higher) portuguese software? I only have english here, what is a big shame, since I have a BIOS ROM that is in portuguese in one of my computers ;). Looking for MS-DOS, or anything else. Thanks!
  12. lucasdaytona

Free + shipping : P3V133 and MEB motherboards.

Hello guys! I'm giving away a lot of stuff I don't need. I bough a big lot of computers parts just because of 5 286 boars that was with the lot. The boards are tested, and working ok. The P3V133 is a nice board, 3 ISA slots, AGP, etc. The MEB is also a nice board. Any questions? I will do...
  13. lucasdaytona

IBM 360K FH Floppy Drive

Hello, I'm having troubles with a FH Floppy Drive from IBM. I tried the original controller and tried it on a clone (with built-in controller), the drive don't works(keeps spinning like a mad drive, but no light). I discovered that I MUST use a termination pack if I'm using only one drive, but...
  14. lucasdaytona

Wanted: Fast mini-ITX motherboad - Pci-express

Hello guys, I'm in need of a mini itx motherboard, any socket, : 1155, 1156 or AM3 motherboard. I don't care if the board don't have a box, but I do need a pci-express x16 slot. I'm bulding another HTPC, and the best deals I've found are from sellers that don't ship to Brazil. Have anything that...
  15. lucasdaytona

Miniscribe M8425 formatted as a RLL using ST11R controller

Hello! A local friend is offering me a working Miniscribe M8425 MFM hard drive for a good price ($25), but I only have a seagate ST11R controller with me. This site says that this M8425 will work as a RLL drive, but I want to hear this from you guys, and I also don't know if my controller will...
  16. lucasdaytona

bug flying sound from monochrome green monitor

Hello all, Due to my lack of experience, I have a question: I have a monochrome green monitor here(it came with a XT clone), and it keeps emitting a buzz sound, looks like it comes from the tube. When I'm playing some games (prince of persia for example) the sound changes when the screen...
  17. lucasdaytona

Spam attack!

We're under a massive attack, this guy is insanely posting in all forums! Mods, please save us.
  18. lucasdaytona

very rare apple lisa 1 PROTOTYPE OFFICE SYSTEM v1.4

take a look here, and try to not laugh loud. Original and authentic prototype Apple Lisa Office System v1.4 disks, dated 1983. Released versions of the Lisa Office System include v1.0 and v1.2. Lisa Office System v1.4 was never released and was scrapped when Apple (Steve Jobs) decided to switch...
  19. lucasdaytona

SN74LS322AN substitute

Hello, I have a dead SN74LS322AN IC here (from a XT clone motherboard, legs became rusty, then broke), and I'm having trouble in finding another identical chip, I looked some datasheets, but I could not decide what IC would work. Could any of you guys point to me if it is possible to use another...
  20. lucasdaytona

Just received a very funny spam

Take a look guys, If I didn't had a girlfriend, I would give a chance to her ;). Good day Dearest one, How are you doing over there??? I hope that you are feeling so fine and healthy. Well, my name is Natasha Dagogo Arop from South Sudan . I am a young pretty single 24 years old girl; I hope...
Back