• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. U

Wanted: HP Vectra 486xx/U Desktop PC

I'm putting out some feelers to try and find a Hewlett-Packard EISA bus 486 PC from around 1992-1993 or thereabouts. Unfortunately, the example I've got is incomplete and may not have survived its time in storage. (I think a mouse got into my storage area and used this computer as its bathroom...
  2. U

Early Zenith Data Systems 386DX-16 (special keyboard needed?)

From my pile of "stuff I need to go through", I recently unearthed a large Zenith Data Systems desktop PC. I'd have figured this to be a 286 based system from its sheer size, but I found a note on the back giving hardware specifics, including mention of a 386DX-16 CPU. Inspecting the internals...
  3. U

IBM PS/2 Model 57SLC2 "486" Score!

The supply of pretty much anything IBM PS/2 related has long since dried up around these parts. Toward the end, all I ever saw were really beat up PS/2 Model 25 computers, usually with heavy screen burn. One of the last really good things I found (short of "road-tripping" to rescue computers...
  4. U

DTK Computer Peer 1630 PC

Over the years, I've made it known to people that I am always looking for "vintage" PC stuff of all kinds. It has paid off, as I've been given various things, alerted to the presence of others and have even found the odd "gift" on my lawn. Of course, one can usually only tinker with so many old...
  5. U

Dell Dimension XPS P90c

Hmmm...it seems that this part of the forum doesn't have a lot of activity. Let's see if I can help that by sneaking a new thread in. :sneaky: It was probably one or two years ago that someone gave me an older Dell computer. Someone gave it to them, where it sat for a few weeks and the previous...
  6. U

WANTED: Dell Precision 433Si 486 PC

I'm actively looking for yet another computer of my youth, a Dell Precision 433Si (486SX-33). If anyone out there has one, or knows where one is sitting around, I am very interested. My location is Illinois USA. I am not opposed to getting one from out of the country if it comes to that, though...
  7. U

Where and how to get the XT-IDE board?

Hello all. As mentioned in my "introductions" posting, I came here not only for the discussion, but also to find out more about the XT-IDE card that was created here. I've looked around and read the posting discussing the board, along with the Wiki article on it. What I'm not sure of is how to...
  8. U

Hello from Illinois

Hello all. I've been into vintage computers for a long time now. I've been playing with computers in some way or another almost since I knew what a computer was. Most of my interests center around IBM PC or compatible stuff, with a particular focus on the IBM PS/2 line and the few clones that...
Back