• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where and how to get the XT-IDE board?

uxwbill

Hello all. As mentioned in my "introductions" posting, I came here not only for the discussion, but also to find out more about the XT-IDE card that was created here.

I've looked around and read the posting discussing the board, along with the Wiki article on it. What I'm not sure of is how to get this board, or even if it is still available. I am also unclear as to who I should ask about this. I am up to assembling one from parts if need be, but I'd like to get all the parts and board bundled together if that is possible.

I am interested in multiple units.

I would be greatly appreciative of any guidance. :)

Hi
I am keeping a waiting list for the XT-IDE V2 board PCBs. There are still hobbyists asking for the "old school" XT-IDE version they can assemble themselves. Please send me an email if you want on the list.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

My compact flash board is available now but as Andrew hints, you need to be willing to tackle an SMT based board and have some way of programming the CPLD. By contrast the 'old school' board (Andrews words!) is all through-hole.

...but also note that andrew only sells PCBs, not parts, and you still need to solder it up.
I used to offer kit ordering and soldering services, but I needed to retire because it was consuming a lot of my time, and I did it at cost. Sorry! After 300 boards or so, I got kinda burned out.

My compact flash board is available now but as Andrew hints, you need to be willing to tackle an SMT based board and have some way of programming the CPLD. By contrast the 'old school' board (Andrews words!) is all through-hole.

Hi
That's right. The XT-IDE V2 is all 0.1" spacing DIP PTH dual layer board with common TTL 74LSxx parts. There are parts lists and photos online. Simple assembly with basic tools like cheap soldering iron, etc. Absolutely nothing fancy -- literally "old school" construction (circa 1975). It is about the easiest project you can build and still call it "homebrew".

XT-IDE V2 makes a great entry level project IMO. It is cheap, fast, and good. Even with the nicer more modern XT-IDE boards out there I am still getting requests for more XT-IDE V2 PCBs which I find amazing.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Back