• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Tandy 4825SX Floppy

Does the Tandy 4825SX have standard floppy/power like other PC clones? I know my Tandy 1000 TL/2 has power through the floppy cable if I remember correctly. I want to add a second floppy drive to my 4825SX and I want to make sure I don't burn it out by not wiring correctly.
  2. M

Upgrade CPU in Tandy 4825SX Computer

I have a Tandy 4825SX Computer and I want to upgrade the CPU. I have an Intel DX4/100 and I'm wondering if I can pop that in there and get 75MHz out of it? I also have an Intel DX40DPR100 overDrive processor and I'm wondering if that would work? I'm thinking it won't because I need the DX40DP75...
  3. M

AT clone desktop case

I’m looking for a AT clone desktop case to put my 386 in. It would be great if it had a turbo that display the MHz, but not a requirement. The newer looking the better.
  4. M

UMC UC4913 Rev 1.1

I got a UMC UC-4913 motherboard from a friend and trying to find more about it I came across an e-bay listing asking $235 for one. My question is, what’s so special about an UMC UC4913 486 motherboard that costs so much? It seems just a like regular ol’ 486 motherboard to me. Is there something...
  5. M

CT-1320A & Roland MT-32 good fit for TL3?

I have a friend who passed away and was given his old computers things and one of the things in there was a Creative Labs CT-1320A and a Roland MT-32. I have no experience with either of these, but I do have a Tandy 1000 TL/3 that I would like to put them in. Would the TL/3 computer be a good...
  6. M

Bad motherboard?

I have an Asus VL/I-486SV2G rev 2.0 motherboard which I think is bad. The machine runs fine for hours with the turbo off, but when I turn it on, I start to get random errors. For example, if the machine has been powered down for a while and I turn it on, it’ll work ok for about 10 to 15 minutes...
  7. M

Jerry Richter Oversen’s IBM 5161 Expansion Unit

So what’s your take on this expansion unit (eBay) being Jerry Richter Oversen’s? I think once you buy it, it's going to be difficult to prove that it was his computer in the future, but also I can't believe that the eBay seller doesn't know what's on the HD. If you had IBM executives running...
  8. M

IBM 5170 Keyboard

Someone is giving me an IBM 5170, but with no keyboard. Will a PS/2 to AT keyboard adapter work with it? I plan on using an IBM model M with it, so I assume it’ll work ok as long as I use the adapter. Also, what kind of keyboard would be period accurate for a 5170?
  9. M

This much for a IBM Model M??

This much on eBay for an IBM model M found here? Are they really going for this price? I bought about 40 of them for $65 on eBay about 10 years ago, so if they're really going for $40, I want to start selling them. :)
  10. M

Hello from MrRedHat

Hi, I’m MrRedHat. My wife named me that because I always wear a red hat. I don’t collect much in vintage computers, but I do have a small little collection going. I started collecting vintage computers about 17 years ago when my Dad saved an IBM 5160 computer from being tossed in the dumpster...
  11. M

TL/2 with ST351A/X

I have a Tandy 1000 TL/2 that I installed a Seagate ST351 A/X in. The max drive size it seems to be seeing is 26MB. I know DOS 3.3 had a partition limit of 30MB, but when I tried PC-DOS 7.0 it only 26MB as well. I assume the drive is compatible? For curiosity sake, when I jumpered the drive...
  12. M

HP Integrity rx2660 without CPU/memory

I have a HP Integrity rx2660 without the CPU/memory/HD's (it's just the base system). What you see in the pictures is what I have. This chassis was ordered extra in case we needed it, but it turned out that it wasn’t required. I put CPU and memory in it four months ago, to test it, and it’s...
  13. M

Vintage Tandy 1000HX Computer

Is this a good price for this? Comes with the original box and manuals. http://www.ebay.com/itm/310421484385?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649
  14. M

Parking Heads

I know you’re supposed to park the heads on the old hard drives, but when I got my IBM 5160 there was nothing on the hard drive. The hard drive that’s in there is a Miniscribe hard drive and I can’t see any other identifying marks. I would rather not take it out to flip it over to see if there...
  15. M

WTB: Tandy CM-11 Color Monitor

Title says it all, I'd like to buy a Tandy CM-11 Color Monitor. Thanks!
  16. M

WTB: Tandy 1000 TL/2

I'm interested in a Tandy 1000 TL/2, with keyboard, hard drive, 3.5 floppy.
  17. M

Original CPU?

I have an IBM Model 5160 that I’ve had for the past 17 years. My Dad got it for me free when he saw it. He thought I’d like the vintage computer. :) Funny how it seemed vintage even then. :) Anyway, every once and awhile I pull it out of the basement and turn it on to make sure it still works...
Back