• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. appleIImidi

Mystery Machine

Looks similar to the portable Intel computer I found recently...
  2. appleIImidi

Early Computers and Electronic Music?

The Apple IIe was used to program the Kurzweil 150FS and a Kaypro II for the Synergy II+. Both used Fourier Additive Synthesis techniques. Pretty obscure new and more so now.
  3. appleIImidi

Intel PDS-100

Just picked one of these up... seems like there's not much interest in it and mine is missing most of its guts, not sure what I'm going to do with it at this point. Couldn't let it get destroyed though.
  4. appleIImidi

Midwest GDM-1950 Trinitron Monitor

I guess because they are fixed frequency, the options for adjusting it just weren't there (in Windows 98). The video card was an ATI Rage XL. I used a VGA to 5x BNC adaptor I found on Amazon.
  5. appleIImidi

Not sure what I'd do with them. If they worked correctly, I would have taken them. I put them up here and no one showed interest. I ended up with a K6-2 industrial computer with some kind of voicemail card instead. NT 4.0
  6. appleIImidi

I didn't end up taking them. Couldn't get a sharp or stable image out of either. Both had the screens constantly scrolling. One much faster than the other. Don't have the knowledge or the time to troubleshoot/repair. There was also a 9 pin monitor with the 2 that looked like it was quite...
  7. appleIImidi

A tip for those designing new hardware for vintage machines...

I have a few st225s now that seem defunct at least. I don't go that far into troubleshooting drives. When I was raking in old computers around 2008-2012, it was rare when I'd find a 5.25" hard drive that functioned. I did find a real strange 5.25" drive in a more modern computer. It was 2 gigs...
  8. appleIImidi

A tip for those designing new hardware for vintage machines...

Computers just ain't the same without the mechanical orchestra. Too bad MFM drives almost never work.
  9. appleIImidi

Mid Atlantic Odd Gray 3.5” Floppy Drive - make offer

Looks like a gateway to me, but who knows? Compaq parts all had spare parts tags on them with Compaq part numbers. Compaq Deskpro: Wow, there's a lot of useless information in my brain.
  10. appleIImidi

I'm under the impression that I can test this as a second monitor to get the frequency correct so it will display. From the research I have done, it won't show the BIOS data or anything though. I wasn't sure if it was the BIOS or a special graphics card that made it fully compatible. I plan on...
  11. appleIImidi

Do you know anything about the type of video card that would have originally driven these? Would have to be pretty sophisticated for 1991 I would think...
  12. appleIImidi

Need to gauge interest, I'm trying to decide whether to take these or not. Potentially going to pick up 2 of these behemoths. 85lbs each so shipping isn't really something I want to mess with. 5 BNC connectors on the back. I bought a VGA to BNC adapter so I will test them and update afterwards...
  13. appleIImidi

Osborne 1 -- internal CRT does not work/power, but external does

I just received one of these today! Serial number 233104. My internal display works but the external display's tube doesn't power on. The drives don't try to spin up and pressing return on the keyboard does nothing. I'll have to dig in, never messed with one of these before.
  14. appleIImidi

Unknown 68k Board

Thanks guys. I won't feel bad removing most of the chips and scrapping the board now. I have no nostalgia for old laser printers. I'm a dot matrix kind of guy. I've never tried merging ROMs before, I'll have to look into that.
  15. appleIImidi

Unknown 68k Board

Other than finding one for sale on eBay for a whopping 125 dollars, I can't find any info on this board. I think I paid like 10 bucks for it years back, mainly for the memory chips that I thought I may need at some point. I attached the ROM files as a zip, because apparently you can't upload...
  16. appleIImidi

Anyone know what this board is for?

Don't see the CLCC chips too often. I have a few NOS Siemens 80188 chips in that package, with sockets.
  17. appleIImidi

Datapoint 2200 / Diablo diskinterface on Ebay...

I have one of those desks...
  18. appleIImidi

I've acquired my 2nd 5150

I will try removing the board tomorrow. The diagnostic software sees the extra 384k of RAM and the joystick port on the Quadboard, and it sees the hard drive and attempts to test it. One time it actually tried to read/write, but I don't think the heads moved. Other times it doesn't see the hard...
  19. appleIImidi

Windows 12 in the wings

I like how you responded to my retracted statement rather than answer the simple question. This is a hobbyist website, I'm not sure why it would be so far-fetched to assume that people who join this site are in the hobby. I said record and play music as a gross oversimplification of things...
  20. appleIImidi

Windows 12 in the wings

Do they work in any modern OS?
Back