• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Altair 8800 restoration question

Hello again, So a few years on down the line, and I'm still working on my Altair 8800 in my spare time, and I've been able to fix all the issues I've had with it except for one which frankly has stumped me for quite some time. I have a theory about it that I was hoping someone can confirm for...
  2. K

In need of some Altair 8800 power supply board photos

Hello, I am in need of some photos of the Altair 8800's power supply board as I can't seem to find any online. Specifically the bottom side. I have a few broken traces I need to fix, and the foil is completely gone on the board in a couple places. I don't want to bother with using the schematic...
  3. K

Quick question about the Commodore SX 64

I have a Commodore SX-64 that I am testing, and on startup the usual boot screen appears and then says READY. But then it automatically starts typing weird text. I don't know if it's gibberish or not. What might be causing this? Also how can I fix it. It does it with or without the keyboard...
  4. K

Altair 8800 with Z80 CPU wont toggle anything. Help!!

Hi, I finally wired up my Altair 8800 and put a California Computer Systems Z80 Model 2810 CPU board in it, as well as an S.D. Sales/Systems 4K Low power static RAM board in it. I then hooked up the display/control board, and fired it up. Well... The CPU boards Interrupt light is on as well as...
  5. K

Commodore Plus 4 wierd video issues or possible chip damage???

Hi, I have a commodore plus 4 that i am having some issues with and was wondering if anyone could help me out. the unit powers on and i have video the purple ring around the screen is there but there is no message saying commodore basic and i cannot type anything, it shows this screen picture...
  6. K

how to save database file to blank floppy disk on amiga 1200 with amigaos 3.1

hi i cant seem to figure out how to save a database file to a floppy disk any help? k1atn
  7. K

altair 8800 question

i am having trouble finding switching power supplies to power the Altair 8800. grant stockly said he had put an 8v 100 watt switching power supply and a +16v/-16v/5v 60W switching power supply in his kit, but i cannot find ANY switching power supplies WHATSOEVER on the net with those specs. if...
  8. K

Amiga 500 to 1000 question disk reading problem

i have an Amiga 500, but am having problems reading disks. i have workbench 1.2 on it and some games and data disks run fine, like lemmings, but other disks i put in, game or not, the screen goes blank then it goes back to the workbench 1.2 screen and nothing happens. i tried to load workbench...
  9. K

eprom programs where can i find them online???

Hi, I have a 2716 eprom chip and i want to put a certain program on it. According to my model 2810 z-80 CPU cards manual, in order to use the monitor part of my card, i need a program called MOSS 2.2 Monitor, on the cards on board ROM, but i don't have a ROM chip in it. so i have a blank 2716...
  10. K

altair 8800 faceplate stenciling and repainting question

i don't know if they make it, but i was wondering if anyone online or otherwise makes a stencil to repaint the words on the faceplate that have worn off due to age, also if anyone sells authentic altair paint to repaint the case with original colors. thanks k1atn
  11. K

Altair cards

hi, i was wondering, will any s-100 card work in an Altair 8800, because i have an ademco 685 z-80 CPU card that i just bought, that was in an ademco 685 digital receiver, that i want to put in my dad's Altair 8800, because my dad used to have a z-80 CPU in it, but i am new to this stuff so i...
  12. K

Altair 8800 Power transformers question

Hi, i am new to restoration and this forum, I am trying to restore my dads old Altair 8800, and i need to replace the three transformers that are in it. one is a Stancor P-6138, one is an Archer 273-1512, and one is an unknown brand 133-p-5b, the archer i can get at radio shack, but the other...
Back