• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

AT&T 6300 (Olivetti M24) mouse software compatibility query

Hi Trixter, here is the mouse driver with a test program I wrote in TP7: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gib1bau7cy6hvad/MOUSEPC1.zip?dl=0 However it works only with Olivetti Prodest PC1 because of its peculiar chips (is driven by video chip for cursor movement). And the difference from original...
  2. S

Score! Olivetti Prodest PC1

I made it for faster exchange of info, but we maintain also a web site, here you can find useful info: http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/go?QM9DET That riser is exactly what you need. I made one with a 286 riser, cutting out some part to have a longer gold-fingers attach:
  3. S

Olivetti Prodest PC1 db9 video connector

Hi 1ST1, from my experience on the Olivetti Prodest PC1 ( I manage the PC1 FB page ) I could say that the flickering and noise is a short circuit like you said. The pinout is CGA compatible for sure: Sorry for the image, is the best in my possession. In the Italian manual there isn't that...
  4. S

EEPROM Virtual Disk interest

Hi to all, I have in mind a new ISA 8-bit project for our old XT with or without an Hard disk. The new item will have a SST39SF010A mapped in Upper Memory >640kb boundary to map a ROM bootable disk. The difference from other project is the disk is also Writeable and thus easily modificable but...
  5. S

Patch program for DIR free space calculation

Hi to all I noticed this problem with slow XT/AT Clone with huge (for the time) hard disk in FAT16. The first DIR and similar operation involved DOS int 21h/36h for calculating free clusters... this takes AGES on this type of machine... but I've found a solution to this SLOWness! I've made...
  6. S

TRUE IDE 8-bit XT (XTA) Hard Disk Replacement

- sorry the image is rendered at very low resolution... this is the link to my guide: http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/_upload/image/PC1-OnePage/Docs/GuidaCFModPC1HD/sfogliabile_mod_PC1/index.html That is what I made for my Olivetti Prodest PC1-HD and it worked. The blue line (2P20) is where i get A2...
  7. S

ERBAUER srl - DMD135A Help Identify this 16 bit ISA Card? 386 486 motherboard...?

(was for mistake published under "software" section, sorry) ERBAUER srl - DMD135A Help Identify this 16 bit ISA Card? 386 486 motherboard? Please help to identify, jumper settings, software and any useful info (ISA 8 bit friendly?) of this card. Maybe is a clone of some known board? Thank...
  8. S

ERBAUER srl - DMD135A Help Identify this 16 bit ISA Card? 386 486 accelleretor Board?

Please help to identify, jumper settings, software and any useful info (ISA 8 bit friendly?) of this card. Attached Photos: Thank you
  9. S

TRUE IDE 8-bit XT (XTA) Hard Disk Replacement

For those interested in it, i have finally managed to replace an old 8-bit IDE interface with a CompactFlash driven by a “XT-IDE Universal BIOS” inserted in it's original BIOS. The trick is forcing the CF in 8bit mode and using the existing (but sligtly modified) XTA 40 pin connector. The...
  10. S

Compact Flash with true 8-bit XT IDE Interface

Ok, the experiment has SUCCESS! For 32k C800-CFFF, it worked immediately! For 128k from C000-DFFF i had to modify '688 like you suggested but wasn't working. Examining schematics, i see that lines A15 & A16 in the ROM was connected to GND, so my ram was mapped four time and repeats @ C000, C800...
  11. S

Thank you pearce! Yes, i'm using exactly that adapter! Thank you for you advices (as Always), i'll try until 128k I'm aiming to have as much as I can UMB to load UP all driver, etc etc I'm trying to replicate the following schematic: It will be very interesting to have a mini adapter (like...
  12. S

Pearce_jj, I MADE IT! The problem was that fuc%£$£%$#ing RESET line! (wasn't low enought!) For all interested friends, visit: https://www.facebook.com/OlivettiProdestPC1
  13. S

Olivetti Prodest PC1

I'm a fan of the Olivetti Prodest PC1, wich was my first PC. I connected to it (by a self made bus expansion), an XTIDECF (512 Mb of Solid State Hard Disk!) and a VGA (WOW), Sound Blaster I'm interested in the Exchange of old games "scatola gialla" for the PC1 (tipically from CTO). I opened a...
  14. S

Help Buying Parts & Building XT-IDE Rev2 & Lo-Tech ISA CF

Ok, strangely enough, today is working and booting with 1Gb cf, and 2Gb sd_to_cf cards! In a cheap dual master/slave adapter. All partitions are recognized by Fdisk and working. I used a very short ide cable tris time. WOW finally i can format new hard disk and install SO without floppy. this...
  15. S

Hoooray, registers are up & running. I find the right chip that was luckily socketed! Grounded the pin Then I had a spare A2 line to use connected to cf/ide adapter ;). All register are Now there! (But What a pain reach here!) Now Register are correct i think (i Remember the same values from a...
  16. S

Need help, ATI WONDER XL 16 bit VGA BIOS dump!

Hi to all, i "accidentally" lost half a BIOS of a VGA card. It's a ATI VGA WONDER XL (EXMVGAXLV1), Bios label "VGAWONDER XL" 112-14300-003 EVEN (C) 1992 (that i loose) & ODD (C) 1992 (i have it) It has memory range C000-C799 so it must be 16k (half 8k) I already searched in google but no...
Back