• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. k6whp

California FREE MS-DOS OS AND SOFTWARE IN 5.25" FORMAT

Offered free to good home, my 5.25" floppy collection of MS-DOS software comprised mostly of MS-DOS system disks, Turbo Pascal, C, debuggers, and related along with Microsoft C and QuickC. This is a non-specific list but the collection contains the 1987 Turbo languages release including Turbo...
  2. k6whp

California Free to a good home..Issues of Kaypro Profiles and Turbo Technix

Will ship media mail CONUS (i.e., lower 48) and should be about $17 anywhere. W. Phinizy Southern California
  3. k6whp

California KAYPRO ONE AND SOFTWARE FREE TO GOOD HOME

I am making space and have a very clean and functional Kaypro One that I wish to will to a collector who would appreciate it. I also have a lot of CP/M and MS-DOS software and documentation and floppy diskettes, etc. I want to see these get into the hands of those who appreciate it. I ask that...
  4. k6whp

California FREE TO GOOD HOME

I have two Kaypro 2x units who would be classified on eBay as "for parts or repair". Neither function. On one unit, the A: drive will not boot with a system inserted. The second WILL boot but will not log onto the B: drive. Otherwise they're in decent shape with only age scratches -- BUT NO...
  5. k6whp

The Tale of the Good Kaypro and the Bad Kaypro

This just cropped up a couple of days ago and I am working my way through it. Situation is Kaypro 2X units. Unit #1 functions correctly, unit #2 does not. Unit #2 was function correctly and then failed as described below. Both have Epson SD-521 drives. Symptoms: (1) Boots O.k. (2) A DIR...
  6. k6whp

Serial Transfer to/from Kaypro 2X/4 to Windows 10 Laptop Possible?

Having thrown in the towel with attempting to create my own disk images in and out of my Kaypro using the .hfe file format, I would like to transfer some files from the Kaypro to the Windows platform. These are mainly .txt and .doc and similar files for software I already have but whose help...
  7. k6whp

Info on cleaning an Epson SD-521 FDD..

Just an adjunct query re this FDD to add to what has been answered before. I have been provided with documentation on this drive type including the Epson manual that includes disassembly and maintenance instructions. Sadly, I am too incompetent to completely understand all of this and ask if I...
  8. k6whp

Decent CP/M Info..

Discovered here.. https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/cpm-internalshttps://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/cpm-internals
  9. k6whp

Does anyone have information on the HxC .hfe file format?

It appears that the ONLY file format that is visible in my new GoTek emulator are .hfe files.
  10. k6whp

Creating Kaypro Disk Images in Windows 7

Perhaps the wrong thread title but this is what assistance I seek: I am currently able to use the HxC software to create .hfe file images and move them to a thumb drive. However, it only seems to convert the .IMD or .TD0 disk images. The problem is that, at this stage, I am the mercy of the...
  11. k6whp

Kaypro GoTek or HCX Advice Solicitied

Succinctly and if appropriate here, Can anyone recommend (1) whether GoTek or HCX floppy controller is preferable and (2) if GoTek, specifically which vendor or eBay seller or source you like? I would like to mod/upgrade two Kaypro 2Xes I have along with a Kaypro 1. Thank you in advance!
  12. k6whp

New guy reviving a couple of Kaypro 2Xs and implementing a floppy adapter

I am returning after a time and unsure if this thread will be moderated for the ten posts (not that it matters) so I will state problem as completely as possible and wait for some responses to digest. Background: I have two Kaypro 2X units and one Kaypro 1 unit. The Kaypro 1 unit is...
Back