• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

WTB/WTT: Stock DVD-ROM Drive and Blank Bezel for eMachines eTower 466id (Or Similar)

Hi, Finally got motivated to give my old eTower 466id some TLC, and found that the stock DVD-ROM drive is completely dead. If anyone has a replacement, that would be neat, so I can keep the aesthetics intact. Also would like a blank bezel so I don't have a gaping hole (I lost the original...
  2. C

Unofficial Mirror of Some Defunct DOS/Windows 3.x Related Sites

http://209.65.191.189/ It is a collection of old sites (two so far) that I once found useful. However, they've since gone offline. The Wayback Machine has them, but that's an imperfect solution, because it breaks with very old browsers (I think; I'll have to double check). Therefore, I've...
  3. C

WTB: Any/All Drivers and Software for HP Pavilion 5040 Desktop

Because HP seems to have recycled this model designation, I can't find *any* info on this very much older desktop. I *FINALLY* found the sound driver last night, but it would be nice to have everything else. That being said, if anybody has the original software disks for this thing, let me...
  4. C

Wtd: Ibm 5133

Hi, I recently got a pair of IBM PC/XT's (well, one of them is a 5150 with XT branding), and a single IBM 5133 color display. Unfortunately, the 5133's top got smashed in, and it's totally worthless. That being said, I'm interested in another for a decent price (I payed $250 shipped for the...
  5. C

WTB: HP Pavilion 5040 Parts

Hi, I'm looking for parts for this machine, specifically: Motherboard Sound card breakout board (sits in an empty expansion slot and connects to motherboard via 34-pin cable) I'd consider a whole machine as well. I'm in California, USA. Thanks! c
  6. C

Osbourne I Keyboard Acting Weird

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not, but here goes... I bought an Osbourne I at VCF West this year, but it has a weird issue where if the keyboard is plugged in, the display will flicker intermittently, as if the CPU is caught in some sort of reset loop. When the display is...
  7. C

FS: Mac Plus

Hi, I have for sale this Mac Plus (I've had it on 68kMLA and LEM Swap for awhile, but I thought I'd post here for increased exposure). It has either 2.5 or 4 MB of RAM (don't remember which), and has had its analog board serviced and floppy drive cleaned and lubed, so it works well. The CRT...
  8. C

SW Hack Idea: Mac OS X-Style MDD Fan Control Under OS 9

Hello Everyone! This is my first post here :) . Hope it's in the right spot! ================= I have observed (both first hand and anecdotally) that this is a very common problem with MDD G4s under OS 9, and that people have come up with solutions like replacing the fans with quieter...
Back