• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Wanted: CAMAC crate or modules

Hi! I'm searching for a cheap CAMAC crate and/or different plugin modules, as I collect scientific instruments. I figured these might turn up here :) Pretty much anything has interest, ADC's, logic modules, crate controllers, so on. The related NIM rack equipment is also of interest. Anyone...
  2. C

WTB : NIM modules

Hey! I'm collecting NIM modules (I know, not strictly speaking a computer item but made by same companies, and often paired with PDP-11's and the like). Instrumentation modules for physics research like counters, analyzers, amplifiers, ADC's etc. by companies like Nuclear Data, Ortec...
  3. C

win3.1 emulator that supports a 'real' PCI/ISA IO card?

Not sure where to put this.. I have a custom GPIB card, whose accompanying software will ONLY run on win3.1 (software runs on win95 but it's dependent on Norton Backup which crashes). Do there exist any emulator that can emulate win3.1 and interface with the real-world card? Has anyone tried...
  4. C

compaq armada internal floppy pinout?

Hi! I really need a floppy drive on an old beaten up compaq armada 7770DMT. I have the original flat flex cable (sais FPC on it) that fits a 26 pin internal drive. Does anyone know the pinout of this, so I can solder up a quick adapter to a std. drive? thanks!
  5. C

Installing software from TD0 images

Hi all, I'm trying to install some early 90's HP software for IBM PC's, via dosbox. The HP computer museum has the .TD0 files published, but I don't really know what to do with them. I tried to convert them into .img, mount and install. I can see the file system, but I get some strange...
  6. C

Figuring out serial port address and memory map on obscure system?

Wow, that took a headache or two! I've partially reverse engineered the CPU card to gain insight in how it works with the memory bank switching, and here's what I came up with.. It It looks to me like a certain address A2-A7 triggers the bus /WRITE EN signal, that i think here is used to switch...
  7. C

Figuring out serial port address and memory map on obscure system?

Hi! so, i'm currently messing around with a small "ECB" z-80 computer i bought. I think it's a swedish traffic data controller from the 80's, from the ascii strings i can see in ROM. The CPU card is a true SBC, with 4K rom, some SRAM, Z80 CPU, Z80 SIO/2, and Z80 CTC (that also sets baudrate)...
  8. C

mystery europe card bus system: JET computers? DADAC? METRIC?

So today i scored this neat little europe card bus system, with backplane and psu and all! it has 4 cards: CPU/boot rom/SIO (2x RS232; terminal and "datex"??) ROM/RAM card with 16K EPROM and 48K SRAM (nice!) - "METRIC CARD EROM/RAM" and two identical dual serial cards, one labled printer 1+2...
  9. C

General Robotics Corp. TBC (Terminator, Bootstrap, Clock) card

Hi all! I recently got a GRC 'TBC' qbus card (thanks, Mal!), and have spent a couple of days getting it running. Mal has provided a small section about it on his website, along with one set of ROM dumps and the manual. The manual is a bit..vague.. about some points, but the point of this card...
  10. C

Lessons learnt running a QBUS PDP-11 with only paper tape

Hi all, So, I've gathered a lot of info on how to squeeze actual fun out of a PDP-11 with only paper tape as storage (in no small part thanks to advice from a lot of you guys!), I figured it's time I compile it into a post, that could potentially help others doing the same. My issue was: Had...
  11. C

unpopulated 3rd party MXV-11-ish card worth it?

Hi! I'm still struggling a bit with getting a bootstrap card for my 11/23, and the usual prices they go for on Ebay are above what I can/want to spend on it. Basically, any eprom card that can be assigned to the right addresses can be used. Then I found this...
  12. C

Wierd 80186 board

I just got home from the electronics store with a giant box of old pcbs, and among the more interesting was this 80186 board: It's a controller board from a computerized vacuum gauge/controller unit, MKS146, apparently. I originally thought it was an ISA motherboard, with custom connectors...
  13. C

Strange LSI-11 phenomenon: The duality of hardware addresses: 177xxx vs 777xxx

Hi! There may be a perfectly logical explaination for this, but I've messed around with writing directly from ODT to hardware registers (serial buffer, parallel line interface, etc.) and noticed the following: In programming, for example, the console serial port is (usually) at base address...
  14. C

WTB: DEC RX-50 floppy drive

Hey! I'm looking for an RX-50 drive for a RQDX2 board in a pdp-11/23. Anyone has one lying around in reasonable condition, for a reasonable price, within a reasonable distance from Denmark? thanks for looking! --Chris
  15. C

Setting up an 486 DOS PC without harddrives: files via RS232 without driver?!

Hey! so, I'm in the middle of a mystery wrapped in a conundrum. I'm throwing together a scrap 486 pc, and it only has floppy drives. I need to get software onto it that I find online etc. but I don't have any other computers with floppy drives. I don't want to invest any money into this project...
  16. C

PDP11 assembly: simple IO code won't behave

Hi, not sure this is more of a PDP11 question or a programming question, but I'm gonna put it here. I'm currently trying to teach myself assembly for the PDP11, with all the original manuals, either online or in hand, I'd like to start building up a library of snippets to work with, functions...
  17. C

DEC DRV-11 IO card, or similar

Hi! Looking for a general purpose IO card for my QBUS pdp-11. preferably a DRV-11, or ADAC 1632TTL, or something similar, that's not so obscure that info's lost about it. Does anyone have some such card, for a reasonable price? and in the EU? thanks for looking! --Christoffer
  18. C

C compiler for the PDP-11? pdp-11 compilers in general

Hi! In my quest to get at developing software on the pdp-11, without emulation, I'm looking for a compiler, preferably loadable from paper tape, for either C or some other high level language. I know there's likely one that will run under RT-11 or definately a pdp-11 UNIX one, but without...
  19. C

Loading paper tapes on a Q-BUS system: Explain it like I'm 5

Hi, and sorry for posting two threads in such a short time, the first one was just me not reading. I've finally got hold of a GNT tape puncher/reader combo, and of course, it'd be nice to use it with my PDP-11/23. I just can't figure out how to set it up with the absolute loader and all...
  20. C

Paper tape images to physical tape

Hi, quick question, the image file format PDP-11 paper tapes are usually found as is .ptap. Does these need to be converted to .bin to be punched directly to actual paper tape? If so, then how? Thanks in advance!
Back