• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. 1ST1

MS-DOS 4.0(1) Opensource on Github

Microsoft has released the source code of MS-DOS 4.0(1) on Github. Also older versions previously released are there. https://github.com/microsoft/MS-DOS
  2. 1ST1

Olivetti M300-02E drive issues

Smartdrv needs emm386 to be installed.
  3. 1ST1

Maximum Memory Supported by 80386 Motherboard

My Olivetti M380XP9 can support up to 56 MB of RAM. That is a 80486DX-33 machine. But it's not actually completely onboard... The mainboard only supports up to 8 MB, and the rest is added by up to four special 32 bit wide ISA memory cards. Unfortunatelly I don't have such cards so my machine has...
  4. 1ST1

Weird Intel Windows 3.1

There were versions of the Olivetti M21 / M24 which came with a Toshiba 96 tpi 5.25 inch double density floppy drive, sold as 640 kB drives, but instead of 8 they also can be formated with 9 sectors reaching the 720 kb format like 3,5 inch floppies. But that is just a 8086 machine. Can you...
  5. 1ST1

AT&T 6300 - 25-pin Monitor Model?

Yes, that is definitively a M240. Here is a picture of mine: https://forum.classic-computing.de/gallery/index.php?image/82-olivettim240/
  6. 1ST1

Switching between two 8088 CPUs

This one might help: Maybe you can use the HOLD signal to stop the 8088. You might put a switch between the hold signal from the mainboard and the pin 31 hold of the two CPUs and a pullup to 5V. Maybe this would stop one of the CPUs. The 2nd swithch must be like above to trigger reset...
  7. 1ST1

Switching between two 8088 CPUs

Two switches in parallel, the one stops the one or other 8088, and the 2nd switch makes the reset. The 2nd circuit is very simple:
  8. 1ST1

I would like to know the price of my IBM computer to sell it and raise money for my studies.

We talk about Argentinia. The country is in big financial trouble and has a new mad president who tries to solve that problem with - let's say - very unconventional methods. With that backround I have no idea how serious this topic is.
  9. 1ST1

Unidentified Mainboard

The layout seemst to be exactly the same as IBM mainboard. Someone has removed the 8088 of the lower of the two sockets, and in the upper socket you can add the 8087 coprocessor.
  10. 1ST1

Hard disk Driver Card WD1002A-WX1 Without Bios

There is an explanation for that... The PC where that card originally has been installed has already harddisk support in it's main BIOS. One of these exmples is Olivetti M24, M24SP, M21, AT&T 6300, Xerox 6060, Logabax Persona 1600 This one "ON" enables M24's internal harddisk BIOS which...
  11. 1ST1

Paradise PVC2 questions on Olivetti M19

I think I have to check the BIOS version of my M19.
  12. 1ST1

The ZippA - does anybody has preserved the BIOS?

Hello, there was a software/hardware called The ZippA to boot from parallel port ZIP drives even on XT class computers. There used to be two versions: 1. with modified MBR on the local harddisk load some function and then the system can continue to boot from the ZIP drive before an OS is loaded...
  13. 1ST1

AT&T 6300 - 25-pin Monitor Model?

The 6300WGS is a M240. You can plug in any other graphics card wich runs in 8 Bit ISA. One of my M240 has a Paradise VGA card what is nice. (It's a 16 Bit card but it is happy in 8 Bit Slot)
  14. 1ST1

How to read parallel-port POST diagnostic codes?

Forget that, early Olivetti computers do not have Ami, Award, Phoenix, IBM, Compaq, HP, ... BIOS, but their own Olivetti BIOS. And Olivetti BIOS has different POST diagnostics codes than any other. (and they don't ouptu the codes on a port 80h diagnostics card, but on parallel port (LPT1:) )
  15. 1ST1

Olivetti M24 DMA control error 03

So your M24 has a NEC CPU instead of Intel? That's quite normal, NEC, AMD, Siemens and some more where 2nd source manufacturers for Intel 8086/88 CPUs. And it was quite common for the time (and still today) to replace the 8086 (of any brand) by the NEC V30 CPU which is fully compatible (pin to...
  16. 1ST1

Searching: Drivers for Microsoft Soundsystem soundcard for Windows 3.x

Thanks, tryed that, but after it installs the files from first disk, it asks for 2nd disk, and it does not detect the 2nd disk, maybe the disklabel has to be a special name. Unfortunatelly the archive does contain the single files, but not 1:1 disk images which would have preserved the disk name.
  17. 1ST1

Searching: Drivers for Microsoft Soundsystem soundcard for Windows 3.x

Hello, does someone have drivers for the Microsoft Soundsystem soundcard for Windows 3.x, probably for MS-DOS as well? The soundcard and it's drivers is very rare, for example used in the 486(slc) based Olivetti M4 / M6 desktop PC series and Olivetti Philos 4x notebooks.
  18. 1ST1

How to read parallel-port POST diagnostic codes?

This attachment has gone lost in this thread.
  19. 1ST1

Olivetti M24 DMA control error 03

Hello, dou you know this thread? https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/how-to-read-parallel-port-post-diagnostic-codes.55348/ For seeing the POST codes on the parallel port you need one of these: https://www.ebay.it/itm/174388706839 Can you please post a photo of your NEC branded M24? I...
Back